Okay guys, welcome to Battle Royale, this game is based on the series Battle Royale and the japanese movie from around 2000.
Battle Royale is a rol forum game, based on the rules of the original one which I played like six years ago in another forum, I remembered it after watching the movie and I don’t really know how the heck did I forgot that awesome game.
What’s Battle Royale?:
BR is a Japanese movie (It was first a novel but it got known mostly because of the movie), that is based on a law created to deal with juvenile delinquency called Battle Royale, where each year a class at random is chosen from all the Japanese institutes making them fight to the death for 3 days or till one person survives.
How do I get into the game?:
Just post in here saying “in” or something like that and I’ll add you to the list.
The game lasts 3 real days and you’ll have to log in atleast 3 times a day to send the actions, there are 3 turns each day and each turn has 3 actions per player, (when you finish reading the rules you’ll understand this), you can play each turn at different times of the day but always respecting the timelines regarding the next and previous turn. If you don’t play your turn you lose it so I suggest that if you can’t log in 3 times a day for 3 days you shouldn’t play.
The turns are divided on (yet to decide GMT to fit most of the players):
22:00pm to 6:00am Morning
6:00am to 14:00pm Afternoon
14:00pm to 22pm Night
How many people can participate?
42 is maximum but we can start with 22 people, the more the better.
- It’s a ROL game based in actions, you have 9 actions per day divided in 3 turns (Morning, Afternoon and Night)
Each turn happens simultaneously.
The actions on each turn are used for abilities (move, sleep, camp, etc, I’ll get to the abilities in more detail later), having a turn you gain 3 actions that you can use in any way you want, each ability has different costs so use them wisely. (there are things that cost half an action, others cost one whole action, others two, etc)
They’re not accumulative. You get 3 per turn (There may be a weapon that modifies this, giving you more actions per turn, but they don’t stack in any way with other actions you get in the same day).
Each turn you may PM me with your actions here on the forum and in which order do you want to do them.
- Kill each other till there is a single survivor.
The idea of this game is kill each other, simple as that, each player will get a different random weapon from the list of weapons (that I will also post later), weapons can modify your abilities at the cost of actions and it could give you new ones as well, I will tell each one of you which weapon did you got and what does it do (I will just post the names of the weapons here and a little detail on some of them, like bullets depending the weapon), and the ability, if any, you won by having it.
So at the beginning of the game you get a weapon at random, you can get more by looting dead bodies or dropped weapons, you can get any number of them.
- The last man standing wins.
The game will last 3 days exactly, if there are 2 people left at the end of the game both get 2nd place and there is no winner, you can only get the winner ‘title’ if you’re the only survivor, and and that about every survivor getting 2nd place is the same as everyone dying cause there is no winner so yeah.
- Staying on a danger zone equals death.
Each turn I will put an amount of danger zones on the map (hexagons on where you can’t stay), if you look at the map it has numbers and letters, that’s for you to know where you are and be able to locate yourself better on the map, along with avoid staying on this kind of zones. I will declare them 1 turn before they become a danger zone and if you are there the turn after you instantly die. The danger zones will accumulate until it fills a big amount of the map and the remaining players will have to meet
For example: I can say “For the 5th turn the danger zones will be E2 F5 I6 and G2”.
- About abilities and upgrades.
If you use an ability a certain amount of times it can be upgraded:
An example of this, is the ability ‘move’ that takes 2 actions to use, if you use it two times you will upgrade it to cost 1 action and if you use it two more times it will have no cost but be able to use 2 times max.
- Giving position and weapon to the players.
From now on each user that wants to participate, after signing up here will have to PM me with the hexagon they want to start on (I really really recommend to give it on a pm and not here cause of obvious reasons)
I will give the weapon to each other randomly when we have all the players.
5. Papi Bear ROCKS
8. kanye west
Last edited by Salvage on , edited 24 times in total.
Now, the good thing about this map is that if you look at the map there are different kind of terrain on the hexagons, having on it
Open Terrain (Light Green)
Woods (Dark Green)
Montaña (Brown with the little M, on the center)
Beach (Hexagons with part of them covered with water)
You can get by eye what kind of hexagon is each one but I can’t tell any of it until you’re in one of them, along with each one’s bonus which I will inform IF and only IF each player asks about them, I will not give this kind of information if the player doesn’t ask what the bonus on the hexagon he is on.
At the end of each turn I will say what happened on the turn, aka who died and those kind of stuffs.
You can note that at the end of each action you will have and advance technique giving more detail information of it, you can skip it if you want but I’d advice reading them as well.
- Eat / Sleep: The players should to eat and sleep at least in one action everyday. A player can anyways not eat or sleep in one day, but at the next one it will not be possible for him to do an action that requires luck (sleep) or move (eat). A player can even not eat or sleep for TWO days, but at the next day 2 actions will be automatically discounted from him in a turn chosen at random. This ability doesn’t have an upgrade
Eat costs half an action
Sleep costs one action
(There are weapons that modifies this).
SPOILER (click to toggle)
If you sleep and eat in the same turn, your character enters an status of “deeply sleep”, and if you’re camping you will not be announced of another player getting into your hexagon, and you will not be able to use the protect action that turn
- Move: A player can move from one hexagon to another . This costs 2 actions and. Once upgraded (two movements done successfully) it costs 1 action; once perfected it costs none. However it’s only possible to use two movements per turn. (There are weapons that modify this)
- Shoot: A player can shoot another player. The chance of hit depends on the weapon you have, there are weapons that go from 40% to 100% of killing the target. EACH TIME a shot is done it will be announced to the players that are located in the same hexagon and the adjacent ones. You need a firearm or a bow/crossbow to use this kind of ability.
This ability is upgraded doing 2 shots (it doesn’t matter if it hits or fails to), raising the probability of a successful shoot from 10% to 20% and 30% respectively.
The cost of the action depends on the weapon you have.
SPOILER (click to toggle)
If you have the ability of upgraded shot at max (30%) whenever you change weapon this upgrade isn’t lost.
Whenever you shoot a non firearm weapon (arrows, javelins, crossbow) the shoot will not make any sound and it will not be announced to anybody.
You can shoot anyone that is looking at you (with camp) but this player will (assuming he didn’t send his actions yet and is not logged in) have the possibility of being waited for an hour. You can shoot instantly to people that didn’t explore the zone or that aren’t aware of you being there.
- Talk: A player can talk to another player, and, once the other player decided to talk with him too. (You can say “Why will I waste any action if I can talk with him outside the forums anyways”, well this is a requisite to form Alliances. Is necessary for both players to be In the same hexagon.
- Scream: This ability is the exception to the rules, each time an user gives information about something of the game on any post (Example: “Salvage is on G5 with a Bow” “I’m here without weapons yeyeye”) the player will be considered as to be screaming and doing that his position will be revealed to all the users on the thread.
It doesn’t consume any action and it can’t be upgraded (There are weapons that modify this action)
- Protect: A player can seize the field to cover himself and avoid shots. It gives 10% of probabilities to dodge a shot (or better said, giving the shooter a better chance of missing the shot), upgraded 20% and perfected 30%. You will be covered as long as you remain on the hexagon, and if you move to another hexagon you will have to protect again to recover the effect. It’s impossible to attack with a melee weapon while you’re using this action.
It costs one action and for each upgrade is needed to use two times (There are weapons that modify this action)
SPOILER (click to toggle)
The terrain you’re located on changes the percentage
- Camp and Explore: A player can mount guard making in the hexagon he’s located on. This possibility allows him to see who enters the hexagon (or is already on it), along with the capability of seeing “what” is on the hexagon as well (weapons, dead bodies, etc).
It costs two actions. Upgraded it costs one action and perfected it costs none
TWO for upgrading it the first time.
THREE for perfecting it. (There are weapons that modify this action)
- Attack: A player can melee attack another player with a 10% chance of killing him, 20% if upgraded and 30% if perfected. Actions consumed for this ability depend completely on the weapon used. In case of not having any it costs 1 action and a half.
Two attacks done to upgrade it (It doesn’t matter if they succeed or not).
- Form Alliances: One or two players can form alliances with another player. The advantages of this are that all the upgrades done to the abilities AFTER the alliance is confirmed are shared between the players. Disadvantages of doing this is that in any time you’re ‘allied’ can kill you and steal your weapons. Is necessary to use the action ‘Talk’ beforehand with the player/s.
It’s not upgradable and it costs one action and a half.
SPOILER (click to toggle)
The sharing on upgrades done after the alliance is completed are only applicable If the players are on the same hexagon
- Pick up: The player can pick up weapons of the user he killed or that he found dead. If on the case or the body, the user doesn’t find any weapon because someone already took it or because he didn’t have any, the ability costs one action anyways. A really good way of becoming a danger for the rest of the players having kind of unlimited ammo.
It consumes one action for user alive or dead (Alive being him giving you his weapon).
Half an action for objects on the floor.
(There are weapons that modify this action).
- Interact: This action allows you to interact with your hexagon and ONLY with your hexagon (not with enemies). It’s an action purely esthetic (it doesn’t affect the enemy at all), it can go from tie a body to a tree from putting some rocks together and that kind of stuff.
All of this regarding the things you have, (for example, you can’t write in a tree without a knife).
It’s not an useless action, It could even come in handy if you use it strategically.
It costs half an action.
Glock-17 x 17
Uzi x 5
Ak-47 x 5***
Sniper M40 x 5***
Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat***
Winchester Model 1897 x 5***
Bulletproof Suit Type IV (NIJ Standard©)
C4 x 2
Claymore x 2
Landmine x 2
Good quality Sneakers
An wireless microphone
Beretta M9 x 12
Walther PPK Silenced x 8
Crossbow x 5***
Hand granades x5
Aerial Strike x1
M224 60mm mortar***
Ingram MAC x 5
Mp5 x 5***
Javelin x 3***
M2 Machine Gun (infinite)***
Bow and Arrow x5***
Injectable Insulin, syringe and needle x2
RPG-7 Antitank x2***
I remind you all that the weapons will be given at random, as you can see there will be really good weapons and some not that much, but every one of them has an ability that will be given to the player who recieved it before the game starts.
The weapons with "***" are heavy weapons, the dissadvantages of having those kind of weapons will be adviced to the players who gets them. (regardless of the way)
Last edited by Salvage on , edited 6 times in total.
Beatmap Appreciation Team
There is but it's on an spanish forum several years ago, i played it with the creator and now that i remembered it i asked him for the rules and stuff and translated everything, i don't think the thread even exist anymore D:
Oh yeah, there usually is one
Users browsing this forum: Lunaties