forum

PSA: STOP NECROING 1 MONTH OR OLDER THREADS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ColdTooth
You're making not only my time here harsh but the mods times here a little worrying. We have two necrothread challenges in forum games, and one weird necro thread by edgar.

Seriously, this place is a wasteland. Don't be putting that shovel to use or I will come at you with my shovel.

Yes, what is it? No, please come back, i-is it something I said?! No! Come back love! What are you doi-
Westonini
I'm honestly wondering how some of these non-regular random people find some months/years old thread in off-topic in the first place.

Like, were they looking for something or did they just decide to go to page 10 on the off-topic forums just to comment on some random thread?
abraker
johnmedina999
Whenever I unleash an ebin 5+ year old necro I get silenced and the thread gets wastelanded :(

I'm just trying to have some fun yo
Topic Starter
ColdTooth
yeah but this one guy literally necro'd like 6 threads and i was like 'who and how did he find this shit'
Green Platinum

Westonini wrote:

I'm honestly wondering how some of these non-regular random people find some months/years old thread in off-topic in the first place.

Like, were they looking for something or did they just decide to go to page 10 on the off-topic forums just to comment on some random thread?
The weirdest ones are in OC. Something like 4 favourite anime threads on the first page, so lemme just go to page 5 and necro one from there.
abraker
I just realized there is nothing about necroing threads in OT rules: https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/604424
Even worse, we can comment with no limit, which encourages it:

literally unplayable

@Bird man pls fix
Topic Starter
ColdTooth
EPH I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS

THE PONYFAG NEEDS EXPLAINATION

REEEEEEE
Stefan
The idea to not necrobump threads like that is a law of the internet, not a rule of osu!.
abraker

Stefan wrote:

The idea to not necrobump threads like that is a law of the internet, not a rule of osu!.
Tell that to newfags who explore these grounds for the first time
johnmedina999

Stefan wrote:

I don't see it here http://rulesoftheinternet.com/
/s
Edgar_Figaro
For anyone wondering “how people find these threads” it’s really quite simple.

They probably were interested in a topic and decided to search for it rather than posting a new thread using osu’s Search tool.

People often say don’t create new threads if one exists and yet to not necro a thread. That would mean though that no old topic can ever be discussed again if you followed both rules.
johnmedina999
What if we define "not existing" as not being on the front page? No one really acknowledges its existence afterwards anyway.
Quibbly
My first post on osu! forums was a 3yr old necropost so I'm no better than the rest of the idiots
Flanster
Westonini

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

For anyone wondering “how people find these threads” it’s really quite simple.

They probably were interested in a topic and decided to search for it rather than posting a new thread using osu’s Search tool.

People often say don’t create new threads if one exists and yet to not necro a thread. That would mean though that no old topic can ever be discussed again if you followed both rules.

If what they were looking for led them to a thread in off-topic, I'm wondering why they even looked it up in the first place.

Because a lot of the necroposts seem to be on old shitposts that are "neither funny nor interesting".
fat pear
necropost is fine :) it is only anoying when it doesnt add to the discussion or the sole purpose is the necrobump and annoy people :)
Quibbly

microism wrote:

necropost is fine :) it is only anoying when it doesnt add to the discussion or the sole purpose is the necrobump and annoy people :)

It's annoying in general. It's like necro'ing the deez nuts meme to attempt and make it popular again. It's fun while it lasts but don't drag it out
abraker
alternatively you can do what I did to some and make it worse than a necro, a repost
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

alternatively you can do what I did to some and make it worse than a necro, a repost
Or, even worse, you can post a thread and immediately post the exact same thread, which is a parallel post.

I dare say, parallel posting is fun.
show more