forum

[Archived] Osu! won't install after install a new windows

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-stewie-
Problem Details:

Hello .. Today i install a fresh new windows and i was going to install osu! and after that framework error pop up and i install it . after i tryed to install the game but my osu! got crashed . i was not installed it before ! Please help !!!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://prntscr.com/l1cxim

osu! version: 20180811.2
Flanster
Make sure to update your operating system to latest.
Dejected Angel
PLEASE FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY, IF YOU END UP DAMAGING YOUR COMPUTER(somehow), I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Alright, it seems to be Windows 7, so here's what you should do. This may or may not help, but it worked for me. First, left click on the installer once, then. right click on the osu installer. Then click "Properties". After that, go to "Digital Signatures", which should have Dean Herbert's signature. Click on it once, then click "Details". After that, click "View Certificate". Now on the top of the window, check the "AddTrust External CA Root" certificate. If the thumbnail is different than the others underneath it, then continue. If not, then I can't help you. Continuing, if it is, click on it and select "View Certificate" once more. Then click "Install Certificate". This will lead you to a program called the Certificate Import Wizard. Click "Next" once and then click on the little bubble next to "Place all certificates in the following store". After that, a window will pop up. Click on the folder, "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" once and then press OK. After that, the window will close. After that, click "Next" and then click "Finish". You should be able to install Osu! after all that now. Then just click OK out of all the windows and try to install Osu! If it works, huzzah! If not, sorry.
Shawntell
Just install latest windows updates, works for me
MyPpSucks

Anamayarawa wrote:

PLEASE FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY, IF YOU END UP DAMAGING YOUR COMPUTER(somehow), I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Alright, it seems to be Windows 7, so here's what you should do. This may or may not help, but it worked for me. First, left click on the installer once, then. right click on the osu installer. Then click "Properties". After that, go to "Digital Signatures", which should have Dean Herbert's signature. Click on it once, then click "Details". After that, click "View Certificate". Now on the top of the window, check the "AddTrust External CA Root" certificate. If the thumbnail is different than the others underneath it, then continue. If not, then I can't help you. Continuing, if it is, click on it and select "View Certificate" once more. Then click "Install Certificate". This will lead you to a program called the Certificate Import Wizard. Click "Next" once and then click on the little bubble next to "Place all certificates in the following store". After that, a window will pop up. Click on the folder, "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" once and then press OK. After that, the window will close. After that, click "Next" and then click "Finish". You should be able to install Osu! after all that now. Then just click OK out of all the windows and try to install Osu! If it works, huzzah! If not, sorry.

This method will surely work! but to be sure make sure that your windows is up to date. So Install dem Windows Update
Dejected Angel
Yeah, I guess you can try the updates first, but if it doesn't help, you can always come back to me.
Topic Starter
-stewie-

Anamayarawa wrote:

I tried, but now i have some new kinda error .. http://prntscr.com/l2o5xd i install all updates before and the game runs .. but after some hour this happen :( i tryed to install the dll file on the osu! folder and after that on sys32 but nothing happed ...
Dejected Angel
OH. Umm, I really don't know where to go from here. I can't help you anymore...sorry.
Topic Starter
-stewie-
Thank you all!!! I try Ed everything and the problem was my hard drive.. Today I will replace it 😉