forum

[Archived] Osu kicks me out of itself.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pinedog
Help! When I launch osu it shows a greyish screen, and it closes me out of it. When I try to click on it the same thing happens, it kicks me out.
Lyawi
Any screenshot of that? Or a video of the happening?
Topic Starter
pinedog
Nope. It's hard to take a screenshot because nothing happens. I try to open osu, the the tint of the screen turns more black and then it brings me back to desktop. (It doesn't close the app)
WarmaN333
I have the exact same problem, I tried to reinstall in another disk but the same issue occurs
modrei_DELETED
i suppose you both tried restarting your pc?..

also please provide crash logs
Topic Starter
pinedog
It doesn't crash tho :/ It just kicks you to the desktop
Flanster

pinedog wrote:

It doesn't crash tho :/ It just kicks you to the desktop

osu! does crash, system just doesn't provide any information. Just click the link provided above to get the logs from Event Viewer.
Topic Starter
pinedog
The thing is it doesn't. the app still exists! I can click it again and again and then theres a chance that it will let me in... So it doesn't, because I can still get in.
Flanster
So let me get this straight, osu! opens, dissapears but is actually still running? Usually you can't run more than one instance of the client. You might want to try holding Shift while opening osu! and toggle Compatibility Mode or switch to a different Release Stream.
Topic Starter
pinedog
Ok. I run osu, the screen goes black, there is no osu welcome sound, then it kicks me to the desktop (Osu still running).
And then after I have been kicked to the desktop, "Welcome to Osu!". I can click Osu! and theres like a 10% chance that I can get in
NikitaFoxSp

pinedog wrote:

Ok. I run osu, the screen goes black, there is no osu welcome sound, then it kicks me to the desktop (Osu still running).
And then after I have been kicked to the desktop, "Welcome to Osu!". I can click Osu! and theres like a 10% chance that I can get in

Ok, i think I get the same problem but it isn't something that destroys my day, just simply click back on the icon of osu! (on the Task bar) and wait till your normal cursor disapears, and if it kicks you out again keep trying, it will last at least a few secs
Not sure if this helps you
show more