forum

[Archived] osu crashed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Uta
Problem Details: uhhhh, this

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at #=zGKZJ4diYsKPfMDZn6B9etbuEIWEyBwKzuDWfKkLvcpEc.#=zM6g_ZgKxOTskGlO0KQ==()
at #=zMnOVgi0alRoUv2L7CkcxDFyTnlhKpPIts3oDP5XUg98OmNli3g==.#=zccPCWsY=.#=zUVFC6rz7aQ6_Xr37ut2isfY=(#=zGKZJ4diYsKPfMDZn6B9etbuEIWEyBwKzuDWfKkLvcpEc #=zZbRV6Oc=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
at #=zMnOVgi0alRoUv2L7CkcxDFyTnlhKpPIts3oDP5XUg98OmNli3g==.#=ztlzazO_xWqEh()
at #=zMnOVgi0alRoUv2L7CkcxDFyTnlhKpPIts3oDP5XUg98OmNli3g==.#=zLQoSuXA=()
at #=zMnOVgi0alRoUv2L7CkcxDFyTnlhKpPIts3oDP5XUg98OmNli3g==.#=zvWaXMsU=(Boolean #=zmhpZ1FA=)
at #=zFkMoZI4aDanGVJExrw==.#=zvWaXMsU=()
at #=znt9UWgSmtvbHhYVpLA==.#=zS5lNb_w=()
at #=zTc_SZXhHZLYYdltEUQ==.#=zkTkWfxvkInjd(String #=z8cLeCVW4b6Kv, Boolean #=zDRgBHbSOHy7hYzLCN$MJAnw=, Boolean #=zdfb7rFerAIHtbIzeLA==)

osu! version: 20180811.2
Death

Death wrote:

Try moving the file "osu!.db" outside your osu! folder. Just a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed.

If that does not work, here is a list of the illegal Windows file name characters:
\ / : * ? " < > |

First, make sure none of these characters are in your path to osu!

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of the individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.
Topic Starter
Uta
which osu!.db cause there is a lot. also did check my newest file. nothing i think
Death
There should only be one osu!.db. If you have more than one, that probably means they have a bunch of numbers at the end and those don't matter, you can remove all of them if you want.

The message also doesn't specify your newest file only. It says to go through all of your files. In order for this to not take an extremely long amount of time, I've suggested that you start with your newest files first.
Topic Starter
Uta
Can't find anything, moving osu!.db doesn't work either
Death
You've checked all of your skins and songs in 8 minutes?

Try moving all of your skins outside of your skin folder, then try to start the game, if it starts then you know the issue is with one of your skins. If it doesn't work then it is probably one of your beatmaps.
Topic Starter
Uta
I'm using like 5 skins only. I don't like having too many skins. Also moved my "Songs" folder outside osu! folder and then created a new one with only 1 beatmap in it. Still didn't work. I memberd clearly i didn't download anything that have any illegal characters in it so I'm a bit confused.
Death
You said you had multiple osu!.db files, so did you end up removing all of them, or just the one you thought was the correct one? Maybe you didn't actually remove the correct one?

You could try also moving collections.db and scores.db outside of your osu! folder, but I've never seen anyone with this issue that was caused by one of those files.
Topic Starter
Uta
at this point, im just going to reinstall osu. thanks for the help though!