forum

[Archived] Osu Lags ONLY when online

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Marether
Hello,

Haven't been playing in some months, just started playing again, and have been trying to diagnose what is wrong and trying to pull a solution to my problem out of the unhelpful sea of the internet. My problem is that osu lags HARD for no reason, and this is especially weird since months ago on this same computer it was running at max fps. Well tonight, the third night in a row that I have been working on this, I found out, cause my internet is bad, that it plays like it did before with zero internet connection. But when I am online, including when I am "offline" (aka logged out aka makes no difference for this bug), it drops to like 30 (what the fps counter says), and has constant spikes making it even worse and it is actually unplayable. It would be real nice if someone could tell me a solution to this or at least tell me how to be actually offline while still being connected to the internet, meaning osu acts as if I have no internet, but I can still talk to friends on Discord, I really don't care about score.

Things I have tried:
-Change every setting in the game
-Run in compatibility mode which breaks the game on startup cause I don't have some OpenGL Driver
-Update all my drives for nearly everything (I have a Wacom Tablet btw)
-Turn off various overlays (discord, GeForce)
show more