forum

[Archived] Osu! download Failed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bradenkp
I just reset my computer and wanted to get osu! back but everytime i try to download it it fails to download all the files and the prompt, (OpenGl ES Error) "Can't find the name of Intel ICD openGL driver".
Death

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Topic Starter
Bradenkp

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.

I've got osu working now the problem is that everytime i put it into fullscreen it crashes as it starts up when i run windowed or borderless it works fine just fullscreen wont
Death
What did you go to get osu! to work? Did you read the first part of my post?
Topic Starter
Bradenkp

Death wrote:

What did you go to get osu! to work? Did you read the first part of my post?

To get it to work i had to download an older version and then update it so that it would actually completely download all files just now i cant put it into full screen
Death

Death wrote:

Did you read the first part of my post?
Why don't you try what I suggested to do? You shouldn't have had to do any of what you ended up doing had you done that initially.
Topic Starter
Bradenkp

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

Did you read the first part of my post?
Why don't you try what I suggested to do? You shouldn't have had to do any of what you ended up doing had you done that initially.

i initially did what you said and it still didnt work the original installer wouldnt download all the files completely so i never had the file osu!.pcname.csg when i downloaded it and now i just cant put it in full screen that is the issue i am having now
Death
Some files are generated when the game runs. If the game can't start because of the error message you were receiving, that's probably why that file doesn't exist. All of the files that the game was supposed to download were downloaded. That is why I listed that potential config fix last, behind two others.

What happens when you try to put the game in fullscreen? If you're receiving the same error message from before, then I've already provided two possible solutions, and it's not clear whether or not you've actually tried them because you only mentioned looking for that configuration file.
show more