forum

Pain between thumb and wrist?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
C15U
Hello there!
So lately I've been experiencing pain between my thumb and wrist on my right hand (in which I hold my pen).
It feels like I hit myself with hammer there, and there was a bruise left. I've marked the exact spot on this picture:

And my grip looks like this (it naturally evolved without even me noticing, before I was holding it closer to the nib and more tightier):

I know that you are probably not a doctor, but maybe someone had similar pain and can tell me what that is? It's also worth poiting out that this doesn't feel like pain after streaming 180+ BPM for a few minutes, where pain disappears after like a minute, but this won't disappear until like 2 hours after a session.

And yes - before you ask - I don't recall hitting myself with something heavy in this spot.
Wreven
Take a break from osu, whether it be a week or a month. Do not force yourself to play until your hand pain is relieved, it's not worth seriously damaging your hand over osu. If you do decide to play, take 5 minute breaks every 45 minutes you play, to do hand exercises. Dr. Levi outlines these exercises here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU.
If the pain persists, go visit a doctor!
0rdain
I have the same grip as you and I feel pain in roughly the same area as well when I sort of have prolonged playing sessions. So far, my best guess would be if I/we/you are subconsciously gripping the pen much harder when you're playing a map. It probably adds up. I've noticed that for myself and have tried to relax that hand as much as possible, and so far it's worked for me :)
show more