forum

[Archived] Osu is using both GPUs, high frametime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gethon
Hi! Yesterday I bought a new laptop: MSI GV62 8RC with i5-8300h and GTX 1050. I had a similar pc but with ryzen 5 1500x instead of i5. On my previous pc I had frametime at 0,83ms, but on my new laptop I have frametime around 3-6ms. I changed main graphic to GTX, but it didn't improved my frametime, so I downloaded msi afterburner to check which GPU osu is using and to my surprise it's using both of them (integrated+GTX). Anyone had similar problem? Afterburner statistics: https://imgur.com/a/NhLKQXU
vjdato21
Your dedicated graphics card is feeding frames to your integrated graphics, maybe your integrated is not that capable that's why it has high usage.
Topic Starter
Gethon
So it's runing ok with other games, because they didn't generate so many frames? GTA V and Final Fantasy XV work fine. Can I somehow avoid displaying frames via iGPU?
vjdato21
I don't know man. If you can disable integrated graphics on BIOS, try doing it so. But if not, you have no choice but to run on iGPU (no optimus sh*t, or else you'll run with latency issues), just a tip for a smooth gameplay, turn framerate on osu to "Unlimited".
vjdato21

Gethon wrote:

So it's runing ok with other games, because they didn't generate so many frames? GTA V and Final Fantasy XV work fine. Can I somehow avoid displaying frames via iGPU?
Sorry late reply, wasn't able to check forum replies anymore for a long time. The solution for that though is to run the game at iGPU. It's highly advisable too that you have a dual channel RAM for your laptop since your iGPU performance relies on your RAM frequency and/or number of channels.
show more