forum

Help getting started?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neet_o
I'm interested in developing for lazer, but am unsure of how to start contributing. I'm at a low-intermediate level with C#, but am unfamiliar with GitHub / source control.

I've downloaded the source code from https://github.com/ppy/osu/releases and opened osu.sln. Upon doing this, I get the error:
"Error NU1104 Unable to find project '...\osu-2018.901.0\osu-resources\osu.Game.Resources\osu.Game.Resources.csproj'. Check that the project reference is valid and that the project file exists"

I'm assuming I didn't import it correctly, and I need some help getting it set up.
abraker
Run as admin?
Topic Starter
Neet_o

abraker wrote:

Run as admin?

No luck.

It keeps trying to get into the folder \osu-resources\, but there is nothing there, even in .zip downloaded from github.
abraker
oh do
git submodule update --init --recursive
Topic Starter
Neet_o

abraker wrote:

oh do
git submodule update --init --recursive

Sorry, but, how and where do I run this?
abraker

Neet_o wrote:

Sorry, but, how and where do I run this?
command line
Topic Starter
Neet_o

abraker wrote:

command line

I'm on Windows using VS2017 and I get
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
when I try to run this. I'm a noob, sorry :x
abraker

Neet_o wrote:

abraker wrote:

command line
I'm on Windows using VS2017 and I get
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
when I try to run this. I'm a noob, sorry :x
Did you run the command while in the project's root folder? Look up how to go to a folder using command line and look up how to use git:

git push
git pull
git fetch
git commit
are some basic things I think you should google
Topic Starter
Neet_o

abraker wrote:

Did you run the command while in the project's root folder? Look up how to go to a folder using command line and look up how to use git:

git push

git pull
git fetch
git commit

are some basic things I think you should google

Well, I at least solved the issue by downloading from https://github.com/ppy/osu-resources and drag & dropping the files.

I tried running from the project root folder but got the same error. Time to learn git, I guess.

Thanks for your help!
abraker
no prob

the "git submodule update --init --recursive" would have downloaded all the dependent repos automatically. If you are still getting similar errors, then you are likely missing one.
show more