forum

Fast Patterns in 4-5* maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bd_collie
I'm having difficulty with fast streaming patterns in a majority of harder maps. If you've played basically any map with a star rating over 4*, then I'm sure you know what I mean. They're tight, and it's practically like pushing down all the keys at once, multiple times in a row. Despite me thinking I can read it, I just can't see to hold a combo or accuracy on them. If you also had this problem, and have some tips for getting better at the pattern, please help, I feel as if it's keeping me just a few acc off from some really good scores.
koemada
Focus on maps with those fast streaming patterns and try to practice more maps with those patterns. You could try some mods that decrease the difficulty or something and try it repeatedly, then remove the mods and try to fc the difficult streaming patterns after getting somewhat used to it.
TruthIsNear

iMeeko wrote:

it's practically like pushing down all the keys at once, multiple times in a row.

Except that it's really not all keys at once. The only ranked map with that pattern is Eternal diff on Eternal Drain.

Now what you are talking about is a very dense/fast JumpStream. So to be able to clear those correctly you have to learn how to JS and you have to start with easier JS maps, like way easier.

As for what maps to play exactly - check maps I posted in this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/794814

Play those until you can get 96%+ acc consistently, then work your way up in difficulty.

And remember - no JumpTrilling and spamming allowed, you have to move your fingers individually and build that finger independence.
powaful3000
If it looks like they are all the keys (it isnt) then your scroll rate is too low. I personally use 30 for bars and 35 for arrow skin.
nadavv

powaful3000 wrote:

If it looks like they are all the keys (it isnt) then your scroll rate is too low. I personally use 30 for bars and 35 for arrow skin.
jesus fucking christ thats hardcore.
4* players should play like 24
show more