forum

Profile Screenshot Gallery

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
GrilledCheeese
Every screenshot you upload has a code. That code would be linked to a user that had uploaded it.
Then from their profile settings, they can decide which screenshots to show on their profile gallery, which would be a draggable menu item just like every other item on the new website (for example: "Recent", "Historical", "Medals").
And it could look like a horizontal scrolling gallery where all the thumbnails are displayed, and more get loaded in as you scroll further sideways.
And you can click on the thumbnails for a zoomed in version of the image with possible other features added to it, like being able to draw on it or leave stickers on it. But I suppose that would be too much effort for a single menu item.
Instead of people cluttering their profile headers with links to images or massive banner dumps, they could have a neat little image gallery instead.
It would need a report function as well if you would allow people to upload their own images from outside of the game (without shift+F12).
Also I wouldn't know the strain it would take on the server to have people upload massive dumps of images just to use it as an online image folder.
For that you could set a supporter-requirement. So only supporters can have more than, let's say, 100 images in their image gallery.

Let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions to add / remove, or if this idea has been denied or thought of already. Why it would or wouldn't work.
It could look something like this:

With an arrow pointing left on the left, and an arrow pointing right on the right, to scroll through images that way.
And it would be a menu item like these: