forum

OSU TAG COOP

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Jackalvs
Can we please get a update for the OSU TAG COOP, i'm really loving the mode and I hope players can more of it :)
Flanster
Moved to Feature Requests.

Can you elaborate what you have in mind? "Update tag coop" is vague and uninformative.
7ambda

Flanster wrote:

Moved to Feature Requests.

Can you elaborate what you have in mind? "Update tag coop" is vague and uninformative.
  1. Don't apply notelock
  2. Have player switching occur after every few combos rather than each new one
  3. Autoset a color for players that don't select one by the time a map starts
abraker

J_8579 wrote:

Don't apply notelock
Explain reasoning behind this one?
7ambda

abraker wrote:

Explain reasoning behind this one?
1/4 patterns are unplayable. Even when perfectly hitting your portion, you'll still miss if teammates before you miss notes.

example

abraker

J_8579 wrote:

you'll still miss if teammates before you miss notes.
Hence co-op. You are supposed to work together. If your teammate screws up, you have to carry the weight.
7ambda

abraker wrote:

Hence co-op. You are supposed to work together. If your teammate screws up, you have to carry the weight.
Stop with this morality argument; it's not a matter of carrying your team. You don't seem to understand what actually happens with notelock in TAG.

LITERALLY, you can't hit notes if your teammate screws up because notelock says, "nah, fuck you." It just does that shitty wiggle and gives you a miss.
abraker
The let's make it a toggle
ShompiFlen

abraker wrote:

J_8579 wrote:

you'll still miss if teammates before you miss notes.

Tag Co-op doesn't work in real time, that said, you can't say that is your teammate who is screwing your play notelocking you. it is because the timing window for that kind of beats (1/4) is SO tiny that is pretty much impossible to hit it in time. Also what you see when you play TAG and you are not doing your section is a bot that misses notes randomly. Notelock also works in reverse, in the TAG version of Marisa ha Taihen na mono wo Nusunde Ikimashita, there is a spam section that is like 1/8 of a beat for each player, and isn't even necesary to click those circles because the bot does it for you, doesn't work everytime tho.

I also love this multiplayer playmode and it would be so much better if notelocking were fixed and also fix the "autofail" that happens sometimes at the end of a play (also this doesn't happen for everyone at the same time, sometimes happens to me but not to my teammate/s).
show more