forum

Hidden mod makes game easier?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trovv
I'm confused. I was playing with the mods and I noticed that playing with the hidden mod actually increases my accuracy by a considerable amount. I tested this on couple levels and on both I did better by around 3-4% accuracy? The game just felt so much smoother playing with hidden on and I was the reading and playing the notes so much more easily.
Does this happen to anyone else? And can anyone tell me why this is happening?
Full Tablet
For some people it is easier to play with Hidden mod, since it reduces the visual clutter on the screen, making it easier to focus on the incoming notes.

You might prefer using a skin that has a lane cover (some sprite that covers part of the playfield) if you find playing with HD easier.

If your preferred lane cover covers more or as much as Hidden on maximum combo, you could play with Hidden all the time to get the (slight) score bonus that hidden gives.
NightNarumi
HD gives a score bonus?
Full Tablet

NightNarumi wrote:

HD gives a score bonus?

It reduces the amount of "bonus" you lose when you get a 200/100/50 in the score calculation.

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Game_Modes/osu!mania#score
abraker

Full Tablet wrote:

You might prefer using a skin that has a lane cover (some sprite that covers part of the playfield) if you find playing with HD easier.
I have to warn that you will never be able to go back to not using a lane cover. I have been using it in my skin for 3 years, and I no longer know what I am hitting if there is no lane cover.
Ryu Sei
Using a mod itself is a preference. If you can't read at all with HD, just do it. I'm using lane covers too, but it only covers half of the arrows (getting used into that in DDR and can't let go).

Full Tablet wrote:

NightNarumi wrote:

HD gives a score bonus?

It reduces the amount of "bonus" you lose when you get a 200/100/50 in the score calculation.

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Game_Modes/osu!mania#score

So that's why my HD score is higher than no mod score.
G8D
Anyone knows good skin to practice Hidden in mania 4/7k
?
abraker
see my sig
Lights

abraker wrote:

see my sig

Say i wanted to replecate a similar lane cover in my skin without nessecarily using yours- how did you go about putting a sprite over the play area?
abraker
See the skin folder, the keys release and press sprites have a black area on top
Vuelo Eluko
same deal in standard
it shouldnt give extra pp imo
Stickman92
U sure u not just looking at the notes too low when u play without HD?
show more