forum

Song name in a different language when in a map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FestivePai
So I clicked on a song I had just downloaded and I looked at the song title, it was in English, but then when I started the map the name was in Japanese, Is this because the original metadata was in Japanese or should the title in the beatmap also be in English like the song title?
TheKingHenry
Not sure of the exact circumstances you had, but songs have both romanised and non-romanised titles for them (in cases of non-unicode characters used in their titles like for example japanese) and sometimes songs have official romanisations for them which can be in english even if the song is in japanese and your question is likely case like that. Since osu! website shows the romanised one it was in English. Now osu! client can either show you the romanised or the original one depending on which option you have on (go to options -> general -> language -> "prefer metadata in original language") so if you had that on it'd show the original title which could then be in japanese. Going to editor with that song you can see both titles in the metadata section.

Hope that made some sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
_fluffyy
pretty simple. there's an option in the game that toggles whether or not the name if a song is displayed on the same language.
show more