forum

[Archived] Osu lag and crashing...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
firestar9114
Problem Details:

osu keeps lagging horribly and I don't know why, then it sometimes crashes. I've included the crash error in code tags.

System.OverflowException: Negating the minimum value of a twos complement number is invalid.
at System.Math.AbsHelper(Int32 value)
at #=zm8qvIAecVnXkGgHo58zlmvtRR768.#=zUuSR5OHCt4VddJDRWg==()
at #=zm8qvIAecVnXkGgHo58zlmvtRR768.#=zurT8cNQ=()
at #=zFkMoZI4aDanGVJExrw==.#=zccPCWsY=.#=z82Lg5uQiPe2wEbVULQ==(#=z4Dj57QbGqYww$kSKw8Rg$wY= #=z9fHBfOw=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=zFkMoZI4aDanGVJExrw==.#=zBJ8wprOgSVLazEbYkg==()
at #=zraDs$Z_6DyhX$jjDBw==.#=zE5zBKkk=(#=zvSUTbOavweQoAy88PM3JhP4= #=zBTFnK8U=)
at #=zFkMoZI4aDanGVJExrw==.#=zurT8cNQ=()
at #=znt9UWgSmtvbHhYVpLA==.#=zszfQBPXOKOaS(Object #=zmD_fzUA=, EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at #=zI$sRRUxAAxjlUirtmF1DqTs=.#=zLKgyXbA=(Object #=zmD_fzUA=, EventArgs #=zZdj5ORY=)
at #=zxXkStug$$zsQwfVvDO2wqso=.#=z_S3JE4IbpgiicdLL3A==(Object #=zmD_fzUA=, EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=zxXkStug$$zsQwfVvDO2wqso=.#=zS5lNb_w=()
at #=znt9UWgSmtvbHhYVpLA==.#=zS5lNb_w=()
at #=zTc_SZXhHZLYYdltEUQ==.#=zkTkWfxvkInjd(String #=z8cLeCVW4b6Kv, Boolean #=zDRgBHbSOHy7hYzLCN$MJAnw=, Boolean #=zdfb7rFerAIHtbIzeLA==)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/LtHhXTC

system specs:
https://imgur.com/a/LtHhXTC

osu! version: 20180811.2
Death
Restart your computer if you haven't already.

Are you overclocking anything?

If possible, try disabling "Shaders" and "Softening Filter" in the options menu if they happen to be enabled. It's possible this is similar to this confirmed thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/438418
Topic Starter
firestar9114
Restarting the computer seems to temporarily fix the issue, but it then proceeds to worsen over time until the next restart. Lag gradually increases until the game is often completely unplayable. Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but it might be related? My cursor in osu occasionally stops following my mouse cursor until I lift my pen off of my tablet and click again. It seems to happen randomly and I have been unable to figure out what causes it. Sometimes it will only do it a few times in an hour of playing, and sometimes it happens5 or 6 times in a minute. Could that be related? I have not changed any overclocking settings on my machine, it was supposed to be overclocked by a professional and was stress tested before shipping it out to me, and they included screenshots of the stress testing software showing a long multi-hour stress test under a synthetic load. I don't know much about over clocking myself, nor do I have those images anymore. I figured they weren't important and deleted them months ago. All my other programs seem stable enough though, except Firefox, which is probably a separate issue. I disabled shaders and softening filters were already off. No change. The thread you posted seems to talk about an issue with spinners? I haven't specifically noticed anything like that, although, again, the osu and mouse cursor seems to become desynced. I would try to record it with OBS, but the lag is already so bad unless I recently restarted, and the issues are so erratic it would be difficult. And I've only full out crashed maybe 4 or 5 times. Usually it is just really bad lag and cursor desyncing. If you really need I guess I can try to record the issue if you think that would help, but I don't know that you would see anything I haven't already described here. If you need me to run some kind of debugging/logging tool for osu I could try that? Hopefully this can be fixed.
Mirko
what are your computer settings? ram, graphic card..

woops, didn't notice the screenshot. sorry.
Death
Can you try closing all of the other programs that you have running in the background while playing? Anything you don't need to have open in order for your computer to run should be closed. This includes checking to make sure nothing is just minimized in your system tray (discord likes to do this if you have it installed).

Spezzacuori wrote:

Their specs are contained in the image gallery at the bottom of their original post.
Topic Starter
firestar9114

Death wrote:

Can you try closing all of the other programs that you have running in the background while playing? Anything you don't need to have open in order for your computer to run should be closed. This includes checking to make sure nothing is just minimized in your system tray (discord likes to do this if you have it installed).

Spezzacuori wrote:

Their specs are contained in the image gallery at the bottom of their original post.
Discord is something I typically have running, and avast. But I have tried ending most of those. I can try ending all non-essential ones I guess. Kinda weird if it is discord, light-shot, twitch, or something similar. I'll try ending it all though I guess.
Topic Starter
firestar9114
nope, no luck :/
Topic Starter
firestar9114
Any other ideas? The frame drops, input lag, and intermittent cursor desyncs are quite annoying. Haven't BSODed since earlier, but I would love to just have it running stably again. It never used to do this.... is there an easy way to try rolling back windows 10 updates, or osu updates to see if that changes anything?
Death
You didn't mention you were even bluescreening at all... Do you remember what the error message said? Can you possibly provide a minidump for one of those?
RazerTOPgamer
i have the same problem... but mine only keep crashing
modrei_DELETED

RazerTOPgamer wrote:

i have the same problem... but mine only keep crashing

please make a new thread describing your issue
Topic Starter
firestar9114
Ah, I meant crashed, not BSOD, sorry. I had that on my mind at the time because I was dealing with that too, but I think the BSOD was an unrelated issue. It was a driver error that got thrown. I think it is more likely keyboard related, but my laptop manufacturer doesn't offer any other drive. This is a screenshot from a BSOD while playing osu after lagging hard if it matters:
https://imgur.com/a/uZYJYUY

I've been trying to get moved over to Manjaro Linux the last couple days, so I can't test in windows atm.