forum

[Archived] Help me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jakey-kun
hey i need help, my graphics card broke and im now using integrated graphics but i can't run osu! anymore please reply i need help,

Edit: im using an Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
CPU: Intel Pentium Duo @2.2ghz
Ram: 2gb DDR2
Andrea
Did you already update the integrated graphics driver? If not, try to do so.
Death
I'm assuming you are getting an error message when trying to run the game.

Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.
Topic Starter
Jakey-kun
it works but the skins are weird they have like the hitcircle at the end of the slider, and before they didnt have that
Death
Your skin most likely used a transparent "sliderendcircle.png" which is not supported by fallback.

In order to get rid of the slider ends you might need to make a few changes to your skin folder. Read Fatal3ty's post from this thread for a bit of an explanation on what you would need to do: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/666034
show more