forum

[Archived] Locked at 60fps and 17ms

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frenchyq
Hi so i've been playing osu since April that means im new and i have a problem whenever i set osu to Fullscreen mode the FPS locks to 60fps and i get 17ms but when i turned Fullscreen mode which is windowed i get 229fps and 4ms but it's not so smooth as before i started playing osu, i get 1ms back then i did disabled Vsync on NVIDIA and it didn't work at all

any solution?

sorry for bad english

edit: i did disabled Vsync and didn't work
Doge Owner
Disable Vsync and set your fps to unlimited(gameplay).
Topic Starter
Frenchyq

Doge Owner wrote:

Disable Vsync and set your fps to unlimited(gameplay).

yea i did, sorry i didn't write that and yeah it doesn't work also
EzT_GT
If you're using Win10, so you could try enabling osu compatibility mode

btw same problem on my laptop while using nvidia card. When i switched back to integrated graphics(intel) framerate has risen to ~700 but sometimes frametime goes ingredibly high for a moment(~10-13 ms). So I enabled in-game compatibility mode and switched back to nVidia graphics(using this method i got ~400fps and stable 2,4 ms frametime on fullscreen in 1680x1050 resolution)
Topic Starter
Frenchyq

EzT_GT wrote:

If you're using Win10, so you could try enabling osu compatibility mode

btw same problem on my laptop while using nvidia card. When i switched back to integrated graphics(intel) framerate has risen to ~700 but sometimes frametime goes ingredibly high for a moment(~10-13 ms). So I enabled in-game compatibility mode and switched back to nVidia graphics(using this method i got ~400fps and stable 2,4 ms frametime on fullscreen in 1680x1050 resolution)

yeah that didn't work too, idk what's happening lol
Death
There are a lot of solutions listed in this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/688876 Please give it a read.

Some of the important ones are:
  1. Plug in your laptop (if you are using one)
  2. Disable fullscreen optimizations
  3. Update or reinstall graphics drivers (both integrated and dedicated)
  4. Disable programs like "EVGA Precision X" or "MSI Afterburner" (these should be included in the "anything your computer doesn't need to run properly" section)
  5. Disable game DVR and game bar
  6. Disable G-Sync if you have it on
show more