forum

The osu! Conversion Project

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae

What is it?

1. The osu! Conversion Project is a Group effort to convert as many songs from other rhythm games into osu! Games such as Guitar Hero and and Night and the Woods(Music Sessions) will involve their entire library into osu! The idea is to give the same exact feel and look (or as close as possible) as the original by taking advantage of things like storyboards and beatmap skins, and even more interesting techniques like invisible note sliders and unmoving sliders. Anyone can help and every contribution will be listed. Would love to see what y'all think. Before asking any question try checking the Q&A. https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/788165?start=7089284

How can I help?

1. Anyone can start working on conversion if they want or help others with ones being worked on or pick up were someone left off with a abandoned one.

Completed Projects

Currently Active Projects

Abandoned Projects

1. Night in the Woods' Die Anywhere Else https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/831128#mania/1741267

Active Members

Everyone Who Even Gave the Slightest Amount of Help to the Project

1. MLisDreaming - [Organizing/Mapping] Night in the Woods' Die Anywhere Else
  2. Twilazs - [Skinning] Night in the Woods' Die Anywhere Else
  3. Likey - [Technical] Night in the Woods' Die Anywhere Else
Dialect
Wheres Geometry Dash lol
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae

MinNin wrote:

Wheres Geometry Dash lol

I don't think that would be possible. Love to hear your ideas though. And nothing here is a complete list. Anything's possible.
missmoonlight56
commenting to keep it high on the list love the idea
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae

missmoonlight56 wrote:

commenting to keep it high on the list love the idea

Thanks!
Dialect
well its basically gonna be impossible to convert gd levels to osu beatmaps because lots of songs are used in the same levels (e.g At The Speed Of Light) but i could try
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae

MinNin wrote:

well its basically gonna be impossible to convert gd levels to osu beatmaps because lots of songs are used in the same levels (e.g At The Speed Of Light) but i could try

The idea isn't to port songs but to make it basically FEEL like your playing the said song in its original game. Like if I were to add a Elite Beat Angel song it would both be exactly placed as the original along with a skin replicating it's gameplay and basically a complete recreation of the original stage in osu!
Also if several songs are used in one level you could just take the original audio, too.
Thanks! *NYAH!
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Just started Night in the Woods - Die Anywhere Else! Anyone can give their own advice, help, and/or contributions. Thank you.
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Night in the Woods - Die Anywhere Else is nearing completion of note placement and sounds and combos and stuff. The hard part will be making the beatmap using a combination of skinning and storyboarding to make it look like the original. Anyone already have something or wants to help just reply to this thread!
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Night in the Woods - Die Anywhere Else has had all its notes fully mapped! YAY! *phew...* But it's not over. Now is the part that separates this from all other mapping projects. The goal to 100% recreate an exact replica of the original source material. ANY HELP WOULD BE WANTED! PLEASE HELP!
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Night in the Woods is really close to completion. Just the storyboard, a little bit of fine tuning on the skin and hitsounding.
SPECIAL THANKS TO TWILAS https://osu.ppy.sh/users/3752329 FOR THE SKIN
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Because I suck at Storyboarding I made a forum on the Storyboarding forum for help. You can find it here.
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/797260?n=1
Vulkin
Sure its fun, but I think there might be issues with copyright, as some rhythm games have original songs and etc etc, like IIDX
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae

Vulkin wrote:

Sure its fun, but I think there might be issues with copyright, as some rhythm games have original songs and etc etc, like IIDX
I know. It's probably going to be the biggest issue. But if they want something took down you going to have to oblige.
Until 3 or 4 months pass, they forget about it, and we sneakily put it back, but shh. You didn't hear that.
Plus. SO MANY copyrighted songs are on osu! without permission already, so I don't think it's a problem, lol. Thanks for the question though. Talking about this project makes my day, so if you have any more questions or advice or want to help, (Please help me. It's getting difficult to do on my own, but no pressure.) than please say so.
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Because no one is helping I'll have to do it myself. WIP
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Okay, scratch that. All my attempts at storyboarding sucked so... I'm going to work on Converting osu!stream songs to osu! Somebody please help me.
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Oh, I guess I abondoned this. If anyone wants to pick it up, do so. Otherwise this is dead.
Merami Fox
OK a few things to ask
1. are you converting them by reampping them entirly or just copying the note into the way osu does, this is mainly for the beatmania games such as guitar hero and dance dance revolution, and taiko no utawagiuaski(only for taiko tho, I think)
2. what about future tone
3. are you assuming that the map will be played with a input device of which the game came from, for example, guitar hero and guitar hero controller.
4.back to guitar hero. whats wrong with this skin https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/419085
5.take advantage of storyboards how. i dont think guitar hero does anything like that. nor do most games, with the exception of taiko. again.
6. What games are yall doing exactly, lunitik rave is never talked about, which is why i ask this question, thats where end time came from

im done

edit:

MLisDreaming wrote:

MinNin wrote:

The idea isn't to port songs but to make it basically FEEL like your playing the said song in its original game. Like if I were to add a Elite Beat Angel song it would both be exactly placed as the original along with a skin replicating it's gameplay and basically a complete recreation of the original stage in osu!
Also if several songs are used in one level you could just take the original audio, too.
Thanks! *NYAH!

so wait your also dsoing elite beat agents(Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan)
prometheus_v
wheres project diva
Topic Starter
NekomusuMae
Quick Q&A to Clear Things Up
Q: wheres project diva
A: Someone has to make it.
Q: are you converting them by reampping them entirly or just copying the note into the way osu does, this is mainly for the beatmania games such as guitar hero and dance dance revolution, and taiko no utawagiuaski(only for taiko tho, I think)
A: The end goal is to make it look exactly like the original game. You ever seen someone recreate a game in Minecraft, or rebuild Portal in Flash. It's kinda like that. Basically, if you compared a video of the orginal game and the osu!conversion it would look indistinguishable.
Q: what about future tone
A: This was and still is a community project. Anyone can make things for it. YOU could make things for it if you wanted to. Just because I stopped working on it doesn't mean it's forever dead. Anyone can create.
Q: are you assuming that the map will be played with a input device of which the game came from, for example, guitar hero and guitar hero controller.
A: Short Answer: Yes & No. Actual Answer: Obviously I'm amusing the player is using a normal osu! setup, the osu!conversion should still look like the original game as to stay faithful to the original.
Q: back to guitar hero. whats wrong with this skin https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/419085
A: Skin looks fine to me.
Q: take advantage of storyboards how. i dont think guitar hero does anything like that. nor do most games, with the
A: Storyboards could be used to make the map look more like the original game sense there's only so much you can do with skins.
Q: What games are yall doing exactly, lunitik rave is never talked about, which is why i ask this question, thats where end time came from
A: Again, anyone can make things for this! Just because I'm not doesn't mean you or anyone else can't.
Q: so wait your also dsoing elite beat agents(Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan)
A: I'm not but anyone else can!
Q: Sure its fun, but I think there might be issues with copyright, as some rhythm games have original songs and etc etc, like IIDX
A: I know. It's probably going to be the biggest issue. But if they want something took down you going to have to oblige. Plus. SO MANY copyrighted songs are on osu! without permission already, so I don't think it's a problem, lol.
Q: well its basically gonna be impossible to convert gd levels to osu beatmaps because lots of songs are used in the same levels (e.g At The Speed Of Light)
A: The idea isn't to port songs but to make it basically FEEL like your playing the said song in its original game. Like if I were to add a Elite Beat Angel song it would both be exactly placed as the original along with a skin replicating it's gameplay and basically a complete recreation of the original stage in osu! Becuase of that I don't see Geometry Dash working with this project. Also if several songs are used in one level you could just take the original audio, too.
Q: Wheres Geometry Dash lol
A: Probably not possible.
show more