[STD] A Neat List of Skins w/ Rainbow Elements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zoklev
My favorite skins are flying tuna's skin and idke's skin

flying tuna ('Selyu'): https://www.youtu.be/KmR3gjxuKds
idke ('idke'): https://www.youtu.be/15CzmfYqHYk

These skins have rainbow-ish color for the approach circles and they look really nice in streams, they look very good but are still simple and not distracting. I was wondering if there are any other skins like those.

EDIT: I will neatly list rainbow skins (original 2 + replied in this thread + I've come across thruout the years), categorized by the element that is rainbow (a skin can appear in multiple categories for having multiple rainbow elements) (categories are sorted by how much it contributes to making your screen a pony wonderland, thru prevalence and my feeling), sorted by my personal preference considering the skin as a whole. The links will point to somewhere that showcases its appearance accessibly w/o you having to DL it and see it in-game, which handily includes a DL link. If you want to contribute skins, please send such a link. I've limited skinning knowledge so you can also contribute by telling me categories to add or songs to add/remove to categories. Versions are considered. I don't want to spend my time checking all elements of all versions of skins, so I'll be curating according to what ik (results in many mistakes you shouldn't be afraid to point out) and relying heavily on contributions.

notes
  1. if version isn't specified, it means all versions have it

other edits
  1. rule 5 is "Do not ask for custom skins to be created", so I want to make clear that this post is a place to gather rainbow skins; not for requesting them to be created
  2. sorry for my tedious rigorousness, but this way I make sure those who've read this post before aren't missing out on the new skins; I've made a huge edit to 'EDIT [1]'
  3. I realized that the only element I want in rainbow is the approach circle, which is the element the original 2 skins I mentioned has in rainbow; however, it seems there are no lists of rainbow skins (I've checked Google's 1st page results for "osu! rainbow skins" & forums), so I decided to make this list nice (also ppl will eventually contribute rainbow approach circle skins, and this list will contribute, to some extent, to the popularity of rainbow skins, indirectly increasing the amt of approach circle skins. You might think I'm going too far just for rainbow approach circles when I can literally create some, and manually slap them in any skin, but:
    1. this is more a byproduct than the goal
    2. the approach circles I've seen so far all look different, either by brightness or the unique 2-color switching in Selyu that idk the underlying mechanism of, let alone describe it well
    3. weirdly, this actually takes less for me

to be parsed:
Chroma: community/forums/topics/570138
ZixStar: community/forums/topics/1278132
Corne2Plum3 2020-04-29: community/forums/topics/1060666

TO MODS: I put a lot of effort & time into this post, so if you want this post gone for some reason I'm unaware of, please move it to an appropriate forum instead of straight-up deleting it
TyeBallz
I wish I could find some or make my own.

but I don't usually have time to research some. And I suck at making skins.

this would be a good idea for some pastels as well.
Sharked
hMM. try searching Voex or Prism Elements
YourPalMffin
This is literally the post after my rainbow skin post.
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/828104
Topic Starter
zoklev

EletrideZ wrote:

hMM. try searching Voex or Prism Elements

Thanks! even though Voez is practically unplayable, it's the most beautiful skin I've ever seen. rainbow v2 is pretty nice as well

DeadlyMffin wrote:

This is literally the post after my rainbow skin post.
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/828104

nice skin, I really like the cursor
h3oCharles
mixed skins are not allowed on the forum
Topic Starter
zoklev

h3oCharles wrote:

mixed skins are not allowed on the forum

are you saying that rainbow v2 is a mixed skin so I can't post it?
Matt2e2

zoklev wrote:

He is saying "Rainbow Skin" is mixed and that it should be removed.
Topic Starter
zoklev
I received a notif 3 days ago of a reply by Cherrylux on this thread, which seems to have disappeared into oblivion (this thread didn't even receive a bump). I wonder if mods Thanos-snapped it for being a necro-post?

Matt2e2 wrote:

zoklev wrote:

He is saying "Rainbow Skin" is mixed and that it should be removed.
Looking back, both ~Rainbow~ v2 (it's in the title, "(Prism Elements)") and Echoes ("a few mixed elements thrown in there") are mixed skins (I'm assuming the definition of 'mixed' is containing elements from other skins). I've removed them from the post.

EDIT: except what h3oCharles said isn't accurate, bc the rule says "Using elements or work created by other people without direct consent or permission is not allowed", so it's only a problem when the skin creator didn't get consent/permission; therefore, I've added those skins back
show more