Give us a fun-fact about yourself

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
Rules/preferred conduct

Try to keep it somewhat interesting or fun

Don't repeat yourself

Okay so a fun-fact about me is that I once got a date by using a politician's name as a punny pick-up line.
Achromalia

I'm strangely durable against emotions in most stressful or fucked up situations, where I'd wind up being rather stoic about things that the majority of other people would more likely than not freak out about or have an emotional breakdown because of.

I'm just lucky my life isn't any worse, unlike the other unfortunate souls out there dealing with abuse and shit like that.

Damn. This isn't fun at all.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
Wow uh

I once got a pretty bad injury fighting a girl over who would get to eat the biggest banana
Achromalia
Back in elementary school, either in 3rd or 4th grade, I was making my way down onto the playground from the cafeteria after lunch and there was some kid I was particularly wary of, and as a result, I stared at him. When he noticed, he decided to ram into me and pin me down against a tree. I slid down its rough, rugged bark, and I wound up tearing up the skin at the back of my arms. I wasn't bleeding profusely or anything, but I was definitely bleeding, the blood beaded up and the wounds burned. I somehow fought back the tears at the time despite it being in my top 3 worst injuries of elementary school. The kid just left me there and didnt give a shit. I didn't do anything about it and left him alone.
Husa
When I recently started to play osu and get into it seriousl, a friend of mine told me to send tillerino a pm so i could get recommendations on maps I could farm pp on. So I sent Tillerino a WEB pm instead. (didnt know about in-game pm's) It didnt work. Me still :thonk: at that time and when i told that friend of mine that am confuscled he started to laigh at me_-

Achromalia
I dont remember exactly when I started doing this, but about 6 or 7 years ago, I developed this habit of pacing around the area whenever I'm within a deep, complex train of thought. I still vividly remember the paths I'd walk in as I contemplate my actions and the intentions of others, as I evaluate what would matter most to me, what made the most sense, among other things. I still do it quite frequently, and most times I dont even consciously take note of it. I'll usually start pacing whenever it's dark outside, and most of the lights are off, as everyone else is fast asleep. These pacing sessions can last anywhere from 15 to 90 minutes a night.
keremaru
this seems like one of those confessions in the surveys subforum, but ok

ot: people irl that don't know me actually think i'm good at osu!. i don't know how, i don't know why, they just do. i'm actually shit. at everything.
CatzerTM

keremal wrote:

this seems like one of those confessions in the surveys subforum, but ok

ot: people irl that don't know me actually think i'm good at osu!. i don't know how, i don't know why, they just do. i'm actually shit. at everything.

I can relate. I have the same issue. I'm really just a casual player

I was once a person that didn't have many friends nor anyone I could really interact with. infact I would be made fun of quite a lot. once I reached grade 1 I slowly began to gain more self - confidence. While I still had some embarrassing moments back in those days. I didn't let it get to me. I eventually learned how to take Critisism and Complements and not take them to personal.
Achromalia
Fun fact. I excelled at a certain math test that gave me a passageway to some sort of expensive program for GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) students, and I got what I recall to be the best math score out of my school on that one test. I dont remember the specifics of the test, but it took 3 or 4 hours to complete. Despite being allowed into a prestigious school, I declined due to the cost of each class.

Yet again, I managed to make another impressive score back when I had been in 8th grade. Our class took an online test of sorts and when I got to mathematics, I excelled. Unfortunately, it just a benchmark test, but I got a score higher than the average college student, and once again was at the top for that section. My score was approximately 260. My skill cap at the time was Trigonometry but managed to pass a couple of those questions as well as I stayed within the level that 11th graders would be working at, as an 8th grader.

A bit of a brag, sorry.

tl;dr, I'm good at math.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
I've played the trumpet for 13 years now, and although it's just a hobby of mine, I'm good enough to do paid jobs here and there. Started when I was 5, I come from a family of musicians.

Probably helped me in osu! too
Achromalia
A similar story-- My father is a musician, and taught me a bit of basic stuff on the piano at age 7. I learned to play a couple Jazz songs. I kept improving and I enjoyed the process. Around the time I was 9, a family reunion came up. He had been from a band who was about to do a gig there, and I got to actually play a song with them. Since then, I would occasionally play the piano on my own for songs I liked, typically making remixes of game soundtracks and stuff like that. I didn't think too much of it though and never thought of it being something I'd focus on anytime soon.

Timeskip to when I'd been around 12 years old, and the indie game, Undertale, was released. I didn't know about it until I saw a video of all the endings of the game, and I thought it was strange, but it interested me enough to take a look at it. I eventually found the ever-popular fight with Sans, and I liked the song that went with it, "Megalovania".

I purchased FL Studio 11 a little while prior to that, and I decided to use it for making a remix, excited to see what I could do with it. I made several songs, and I got caught up in the game, and loved it to its entirety. I found the concept of "AUs" or Alternate Universes where the characters were set under a different premise. I wanted to make one of my own, and named it "XenoTale". I made remixes of about 9 songs from the soundtrack at incredibly fast speeds, managing to remake a whole song in only a day or two. The songs typically lasted up around 3 or 4 minutes. They sounded pretty decent, but was lacking in the mixing and mastering department, where it didn't do so well.

XenoTale Soundtrack:

"Megalovania" = "Xenophobia/Melancholy"
"Battle of a True Hero" = "Justice"
"Bonetrousle" = "Underestimated"
"Your Best Friend" = "Naive"
"ASGORE" = "Privilege"
"Heartache" = "Sorrow"
"Death by Glamour" = (I dont remember the name of this one)
"It's Raining Somewhere Else" = "Solitude"
"Megalo Strike Back" (fanmade) + "Megalovania" = "Retaliation"

Anyhow, it inspired me to make more music, and as a result I made tons of different songs over the following years on my old desktop. Songs named "Brutality", "Malevolence", "Apprehension", "Ascension", among others. All of them were unfinished, but had at least 2 minutes worth of music in each of them.

And yeah, around that time, I realized I could try to get serious about it, and actually do it for a living, possibly as an eventual form of income.

The next couple years, I'd occasionally make new songs, and eventually, I decided to make it happen-- to do it professionally.
clover
I lie a lot on the internet.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
I used to write short stories, which were often melancholical, somewhat depressive or outright tragic, (with the occasional nice story, mind you. I wasn't that edgy.) They weren't masterpieces by any means, but I was always praised for them and lowkey miss writing them.
Achromalia
I'm... almost insecure about how emotionless I really am. I'm actually not as considerate as most would think, when it comes to empathy and caring for people.

I often stay in my room, doing nothing with anyone else, not even with my own father, the very person I chose to stay with as opposed to my mother. I tend to dissappoint people somewhat often IRL. And... I'm occasionally accused of not caring, or being an asshole, or something among those lines. Because I don't make myself appeal to others by changing who I actually am.

But I dont want to change who I am solely for other people's opinions. Recently, I've been bothered by my father and aunt about how I always wear my signature black jacket outside in 95*F heat. They constantly tell me it's a habit of mine I need to break, that I should take it off. I insist that it doesn't actually present any complications or issues to me. Strangely enough, I'm really comfortable with my jacket on. It gives a sense of security, almost. Even in summer, I wear it because it tends to be much more comfortable in comparison. It does become a problem if I physically exert myself, like if I were to run around or something. But I dont really do that anyways.

I've also been bothered by them because of my long nails. They typically protrude from the nailbed about a third of an inch. Longer nails have both benefits and detriments, being that it's a little easier to bend and crack and weaken over time, but it actually tends to be incredibly useful and I have an easy time gripping, picking up, picking out, and ripping open some wrappers or bags of things. It's practical sometimes, and since I dont do much manual work aside from typing things, it doesn't present much of a danger.

And the way I sit. I sit in some pretty damn weird positions, they dont really like that either.

They insist that my friends and classmates would bully me over it, but as far as I've known, they havent really said much about it, and when asked, dont really think anything of it.

So uh, yeah. I'm pretty strange.
keremaru
fun-fact: i actually don't know what i'm talking about when i talk, sometimes.

it's actually quite the problem, since i don't exactly tend to think what i'm saying out loud. i feel more comfortable talking online rather than in person, since i don't have very good "verbal skills". i can understand a language, but i can't speak a language very well. i tend to ramble on a sentence, usually to the point where my mouth simply can't comprehend what i'm trying to say, people don't get what i'm saying, and it just turns into a festivity of confusion. very rarely do i send the intended message over what feels to be an extremely long sentence.

to put things simply, if i ever become a person who tells speeches, i'm doomed.
Achromalia

keremal wrote:

it's actually quite the problem, since i don't exactly tend to think what i'm saying out loud. i feel more comfortable talking online rather than in person, since i don't have very good "verbal skills". i can understand a language, but i can't speak a language very well. i tend to ramble on a sentence, usually to the point where my mouth simply can't comprehend what i'm trying to say, people don't get what i'm saying, and it just turns into a festivity of confusion. very rarely do i send the intended message over what feels to be an extremely long sentence.

Fuck. I have this problem too.

Well, not to the extent that it's natural, but I occasionally forget what I'm saying and wind up rambling.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

Achromalia wrote:

keremal wrote:

Fuck. I have this problem too.

Well, not to the extent that it's natural, but I occasionally forget what I'm saying and wind up rambling.

I'm still terrified whenever I hold a speech. Luckily they have a podium with a stand most places, so people don't see how much I'm shaking. Gotten very good at faking confidence because of it though
DJ Enetro
On that point, I’m not scared when I have to give one, but I do tend to go off-topic quite a bit, so I can’t talk about a specific thing for a while (so far that I’ve seen of myself).

OT: I believe words don’t carry as much weight as many others think.
I mean, they are only a means to communicate with another person or people. As long as the person on the other end of a conversation understands what I’m trying to express, words are not needed.

Even so, a message intended to be understood one way can be interpreted as another.
For example, when you hear someone telling you “Good job, keep doing it that way” in an authoritative tone, that might be caught as scolding (since to the speaker, the receiver is not meeting his/her expectations at that moment).

Since words are the medium most used for communication (besides speech), I still use them.
That might be a reason why I don’t consider myself very talkative.

Make sense?
levesterz
I love to /tts at discord if that sever have too many ppl spam @everyone
Achromalia
i dont really intend to be edgy, but i think i come off that way anyways. fuck.

yeah. i'm just weird as hell, i guess. never meant to be edgy for the sake of being edgy.
show more