forum

[Archived] Absolutely NO beatmaps are loading. wHAT IS HAPPENING

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mynameissans
The beatmaps that I've used before are all being called corrupt, and on the ones that do work, the audio cuts out less than a minute in. It's incredibly odd, and I don't know what to do.
ALSO, once the audio cuts out, I can't hit any notes that aren't hold notes.

It worked just fine a few months ago, but now I can't even play it.

I've tried using the repair osu app, but NOPE
AND I've tried updating osu, but none of my beatmaps work. My skins work, though.

help
Doge Owner
Try this it might help:

1. Open your osu! installation folder (right-click the osu! icon on your desktop and select "open file location"
  2. Find "osu!.db", move it to your desktop.
  3. Restart osu! and it should process all your maps and hopefully fix it.

If that helped you, you can just delete the old "osu!.db".
If it doesn't help you, move "osu!.db" back to your osu! folder and try another solution.
Topic Starter
Mynameissans

Doge Owner wrote:

Try this it might help:

1. Open your osu! installation folder (right-click the osu! icon on your desktop and select "open file location"
  2. Find "osu!.db", move it to your desktop.
  3. Restart osu! and it should process all your maps and hopefully fix it.

If that helped you, you can just delete the old "osu!.db".
If it doesn't help you, move "osu!.db" back to your osu! folder and try another solution.

Thanks dude! It fixed the issue, audio still cutting out tho, and then the song is impossible.

EDIT: It only fixed 1 song. the rest are still corrupt.
Death
Reinstall your audio drivers and restart your computer. What's the exact error message that appears when you try to play a map?
Topic Starter
Mynameissans

Death wrote:

What's the exact error message that appears when you try to play a map?

All of the song titles come up as // and when I try to play them, it brings me back to the song selection.

The rest of the songs are "corrupt", even though I've played some of them before.

Death wrote:

Reinstall your audio drivers and restart your computer.

all of my audio drivers are up to date and i tried reinstalling them, and restarting the computer didn't work.
Death
Open your osu!\Songs folder, do you have a bunch of random files in there or are all of the songs in their own individual folders, and do all of those folders have the correct content in them?

Where do you have osu! installed?
Topic Starter
Mynameissans

Death wrote:

Open your osu!\Songs folder, do you have a bunch of random files in there or are all of the songs in their own individual folders, and do all of those folders have the correct content in them?

All of the songs that come up as // are in their own folders, the rest are in the failed folder.

Death wrote:

Where do you have osu! installed?

I have osu installed on a flash drive, in a folder called osu!.
Doge Owner
I'm guessing it has something to do with having them in the flash drive if you can move them into your PC and check if it works.
Topic Starter
Mynameissans

Doge Owner wrote:

I'm guessing it has something to do with having them in the flash drive if you can move them into your PC and check if it works.

I'd do that, but the computer that I'm using has 0 bytes of data free.(for some reason.)

Also, it worked fine on the same drive not even a year ago. It's really odd.
Andrea
Save your Songs folder and try making a fresh osu! install, maybe that could help.
show more