forum

Problem with 3 star maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
grublo
Hey guys, I started playing osu 3 days ago and I have a problem and I need tips on how to solve it.
Basically since first day I was able to play 2 star maps and a bit higher but lower than 2,5. The problem is that when I attempt a 3 star map I can do 90-95% of it and then it starts being so fast that I can't keep track of it and fail. For example I have 95% accuracy, everything is just fine and suddenly 4 stacked circles come out of the blue and I lose. I had tried switching to a mechanical keyboard (I'm playing on a laptop) but it didnt't work. I hadn't played osu before and I'd like more advanced players to help me a bit :) Also, if you have any advice that could help me improve faster, I'd be thankful for it.
HitchSlap3
Hey! I am by no means an advanced player; I have also started 3 days ago, but i am doing pretty well on 3 star maps and i also play on my laptop in my bed (like a bum I know.) The best thing i can tell you is to keep practicing the map if you are getting so close to the end. You'll start to see and understand where you are messing up, and what you need to do to fix it. If you are too tired, you can always watch the replay of other players to see exactly what is happening at the parts you are messing up! This is how I've worked my way through 3 star maps; I hope this helps!
Ascended Light
My advice is you should slowly progress your way through each star rating, this is so that you can used to the linear increase in difficulty. By then you should be able to read the 4 notes stacked on top of each other :)
ADelicateOrange
What you're struggling with is probably the jump from AR7/8 to AR 8.5/9.

Approach rate the speed of which the approaching circle (the thin-lined circle) reaches the hit circle (the actually thing you're clicking on).

There really isn't a way around it, but to keep playing the game. The more you progress, the slower the game will feel to you. Don't try to do 1* star jumps in difficulty because those are massive changes in style and speed. Keep going at it. Have fun. It'll all work out.
cinnabar real

DeepSeaK wrote:

My advice is you should slowly progress your way through each star rating, this is so that you can used to the linear increase in difficulty. By then you should be able to read the 4 notes stacked on top of each other :)
show more