forum

Should I Switch to Tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaezaki
i've just started to play osu again, it's been a month since i'm back to osu!std. i'm only 2k pp.
i've been using mouse and keyboard. i intend to play osu for a long time, should i switch to tablet? or should i just stick with mouse? thanks in advance.
chillbeam
I'd say go for it if you
A) want to improve faster than with a mouse
B) truly are committed to playing for a long time
C) care about rank though this point isn't very strong.

Otherwise have fun with a mouse![url][/url]
billortiz123
I would try one out first, personally I would switch because the play area is more customizeable, or you could just get a affordable tablet like a Huion 420. Welcome back!
Akanagi
Buy a tablet, it's pretty cheap anyway. (used CTL-460 15€ here)
Topic Starter
Kaezaki

Rayne wrote:

Buy a tablet, it's pretty cheap anyway. (used CTL-460 15€ here)
people used to recommend huion h420 or xp pen g430 (although many people prefer to use xp pen g430 more)
i'm thinking about buying wacom one ctl-472, is it good? is it better
Topic Starter
Kaezaki

billortiz123 wrote:

I would try one out first, personally I would switch because the play area is more customizeable, or you could just get a affordable tablet like a Huion 420. Welcome back!
thanks alot!
Akanagi
I haven't used the 472 / Huion myself, so I can't really say anything to it. A lot of other players use the Huion420, though, so I don't think it's a bad choice.
N0thingSpecial
I mean I don’t see a point in buying a tablet just to play osu, other than that go for it. Despite being a mouse player myself I think tablet is a bit better than mouse
Kirika
Both are perfectly viable, like said before be if you feel like you are going to be playing for a while pick one up and try, I personally loved the change but you can easily do just as well with a mouse.
Brainage
If you are sure you will be playing osu! for a long time, and you truly are passionate, then yes: get a tablet. Personally, I recommend the XP-Pen Star G640.

https://www.amazon.com/StarG640-Ultrathin-Graphics-Battery-free-pressure/dp/B078YR2MTF

Costs $30 US, very flexible when it comes to user preference (dominant hand, customising button macros, etc.) and overall a high quality tablet. Been using this tablet for almost 3 months now and haven't had a problem yet :D

Also, when it comes to gameplay, the pen is generally easier to use than a mouse, as it is very lightweight (whereas some mice weigh >100g) and the friction compared to a mouse is minimal or nil (if you hover instead of drag).
ManuelOsuPlayer
I wouldn't waste my money on a game what i played less than 100 hours in 5 years.
Colm

Kaezaki wrote:

i've just started to play osu again, it's been a month since i'm back to osu!std. i'm only 2k pp.
i've been using mouse and keyboard. i intend to play osu for a long time, should i switch to tablet? or should i just stick with mouse? thanks in advance.

play-style depends on personal preference, if you have any friends that have a tablet see if you can borrow it for a little while and try it out, play with whatever is more comfortable for you
BakaChiChi
I got a Huion 420 when I was around the same rank as you. It's been working fine for a little over a year now and it's pretty affordable (I got mine for $21.24 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTPYWBG/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I can definitely say that after getting a tablet I was improving like crazy.
Syneergy
Well, its preference.

you want to improve? faster go with a tablet, it has a much faster learning curve than other controls or devicves
Mouse is also an option but it takes longer to take hang of and be really good at it.

When you get a tablet, be sure to test out your table area, it could be full area or a proportion (part of the tablet area).

Then you can try hovering or dragging, they both have positives and consequences.

Just try it, if you are able to buy it. Otherwise stick with what you have and improve that way.

Slowly but surly...

~Syneergy