forum

4k stream mind blocked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HeyImNik
I've been playing around 3.5*-4* for over a month now and I just can't stream, it doesn't matter how many maps I play which have streaming I hardly ever improve. I didn't know that "getting good" means playing 1 specific pattern (streams) for over a month and not improve at it at all.

Am i just mind blocked or something? cause streaming is the only thing that keeps me from transitioning to playing 4*+ only and playing really great beatmaps which apparently have streaming.
I can read the patterns clearly and easily but I just always screw up playing them if it goes beyond 20 notes, many misses and hits bellow "Excellent".

I did take a 10 days break and I came back like 4 days ago, I saw improvement but not in streaming, streaming just got even worse.
What am i suppose to do?
I am "playing more" but I just need some light to be shed on this situation.
abraker
I think the first step is identifying why you cant stream more than 20 notes.

You said you can read the patterns, so it's not that.
Are your fingers having trouble keeping up?
Can you feel and hear the notes you are hitting?
Are you hitting the notes accurately or all over the place?
Are you getting mentally overwhelmed by the effort needed to do the streams?
Topic Starter
HeyImNik

abraker wrote:

I think the first step is identifying why you cant stream more than 20 notes.

You said you can read the patterns, so it's not that.
Are your fingers having trouble keeping up?
Can you feel and hear the notes you are hitting?
Are you hitting the notes accurately or all over the place?
Are you getting mentally overwhelmed by the effort needed to do the streams?

I get mentally very overwhelmed by the effort needed to do the streams, i can read the streaming but when i somehow start screwing up with my fingers, it takes a lot of effort to atleast not miss everything and i get the tempter doing that effort. Then i find myself many times during that effort, thinking "screw this" and i abruptly stop playing the beatmap and go to next one.
Sometimes hitting notes are all over the place for about 1-2 secs after loosing my temper but then i try to get myself back together and keep barely playing, hitting horribly, mainly great, sometimes excellent and some misses... assuming i don't abruptly stop playing the beatmap.
abraker

xnix wrote:

I get mentally very overwhelmed by the effort needed to do the streams, i can read the streaming but when i somehow start screwing up with my fingers, it takes a lot of effort to at least not miss everything and i get the tempter doing that effort.
Damn, I suffer from same thing and have no idea how to fix it voluntarily. There come better days when I am more determined and confident, which allows me to push through the feeling of being overwhelmed. However, that emotional state of mind doesn't happen everyday. You can try forcing the determination and confidence, but it's like telling yourself, "ok I am happy", when you are in mid depression. There might be ways to improve the state of mind so you can play better, but I always have left up to chance.

What I can tell is what I feel when I am in the state of mind when pushing myself to overcome such barriers:

1. Every note is an enemy that needs to be strike down. I use the determination to tap the notes, and I do it with a bit of aggression, but it's positive aggression in the sense I am not angry at anything.
  2. I feel the music and can relate the notes to it. I am actively perusing the rhythm in it and this allows me to know what the patterns might throw at you next. I see the patterns coming in and relate the music to them, the patterns agree and my fingers move in response to that.
  3. My fingers are doing even the densest sections reasonably well. I don't know how, but I do know it is some kind of autopilot and I don't need to do much thinking to tap to the patterns. This makes me confident.
  4. The feeling that I can do about any map is quite important. This reality can be shattered fairly quick as soon as I go to maps which are too high for my skill level. If it starts to hurt to play, my confidence is damaged
  5. It is important to see every results, even if it's not a best play, as an improvement of sorts if possible. Did I get best acc but lowest score? Take the best acc as my win instead or vise-versa. Did I get the highest combo on the map despite lowest score and acc? That's a win too.
Bobbias
Hitting with force slows you down, so dont do that.

This sounds like you actually are having trouble reading. If you can read it, but your late, you will still struggle to hit it while feeling like you can read it.

Technique is the other thing to improve. Try forcing yourself to hit as lightly as possible. It may result in more misses and a slower speed at first but the more relaxed you are the faster you will be able to play.
nadavv

xnix wrote:

play more-er
Topic Starter
HeyImNik

nadavv wrote:

xnix wrote:

play more-er

Im playing more-ern'tn't