forum

[resolved] osu! won't open.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Onlypoptart
Today I just did a fresh PC build and I wiped my C: drive, but osu was downloaded on a different drive. Whenever I try to open the game, it just shows the osu circle and disappears about 10 seconds later. No error/crash message or anything. I've tried installing osu to my C: drive, reinstalling to the same drive that it was originally on, running the repair.exe, and installing the .NET 3.5 framework. I've also restarted my pc each time I attempted a fix.

Are there any other programs that osu requires that I might be missing on a fresh build? I've run a few steam games to download some of the basics, but it's impossible to remember them all.

Specs:
GPU: GTX1070
CPU: Intel i5-8600k
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z370

Thanks!
Death
Follow this guide to check your event viewer for any crash logs.

If there isn't anything in there, please provide your runtime.log located inside your osu!/Logs folder.
Topic Starter
Onlypoptart
Alright, it looks like I had 3 different errors each time I tried starting osu. Thanks for the help!

1st (in order of occurrence):
Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Wgl.GetProcAddress(System.String)
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Wgl.LoadEntryPoints()
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinFactory.CreateGLContext(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Boolean, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at #=zReDbsBQ1PufItjoszUqOJAuEre_o.#=zA1yEjY4=(Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.#=zofQhWNG4SC7n(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs)
at #=zTRq1k5tSHXN3HVp6KTCjkuUudhOf.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at #=zWYc$YwVSlfgxhujuTlDw6a8=.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5b1df76f
Faulting module name: nvoglv32.dll, version: 24.21.13.9811, time stamp: 0x5b110411
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x007858b4
Faulting process id: 0x31f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4015147a99065
Faulting application path: E:\osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_040c7acb04cee565\nvoglv32.dll
Report Id: e254cb0c-9b3b-46da-9b17-665d9563df1a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting module name: nvoglv32.dll, version: 24.21.13.9811, time stamp: 0x5b110411
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Faulting process id: 0x31f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4015147a99065
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_040c7acb04cee565\nvoglv32.dll
Report Id: d72cad3a-0c90-44c5-8799-25addfb55570
Death
Have you already just tried restarting your computer? Go ahead and do that if you haven't.

If that doesn't seem to do anything, looks like your graphics drivers are going to need a good ole update. Clean reinstall your Nvidia drivers, probably a good idea to go for a newer version. If you already have the latest drivers, clean reinstall them, or go back one version.

Here is link to Nvidia's website: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
Topic Starter
Onlypoptart
Unfortunately, reinstalling my graphics drivers and restarting my computer didn't fix the problem. I reinstalled version 398.11 of the geforce game ready driver. It appears that I'm still getting the same exact errors from the event viewer, but I'll post them again just in case.

Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Wgl.GetProcAddress(System.String)
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Wgl.LoadEntryPoints()
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinFactory.CreateGLContext(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Boolean, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at #=zReDbsBQ1PufItjoszUqOJAuEre_o.#=zA1yEjY4=(Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.#=zofQhWNG4SC7n(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs)
at #=zTRq1k5tSHXN3HVp6KTCjkuUudhOf.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at #=zWYc$YwVSlfgxhujuTlDw6a8=.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Exception code: 0xc0000005
Faulting process id: 0x1818
Faulting application start time: 0x01d401f0fc4dab41
Report Id: 9a2fa127-51c4-4787-9a39-52f974902aba

Exception code: 0xc000041d
Faulting process id: 0x1818
Faulting application start time: 0x01d401f0fc4dab41
Report Id: 438aff5f-7c8d-4229-9655-f05ff5f9d619
modrei_DELETED
try downloading second newest drivers instead of the newest ones
Topic Starter
Onlypoptart

modrei wrote:

try downloading second newest drivers instead of the newest ones

Thanks, I just tried that late last night and it worked. Not really sure why I'd need to go back a version on my drivers, but whatever, it worked.

Thanks a lot!
MrDoctorate
What about mine? I know it's late but I just wanted this game to work

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DescribePixelFormat(IntPtr, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.PixelFormatDescriptor ByRef) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGraphicsMode.ChoosePixelFormatPFD(IntPtr, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, AccelerationType) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(OpenTK.Graphics.ColorFormat, Int32, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ColorFormat, Int32, Boolean) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SetGraphicsModePFD(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGraphicsMode, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinWindowInfo) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext+TemporaryContext..ctor(OpenTK.INativeWindow) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinFactory.CreateGLContext(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Boolean, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags) at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags) at #=zaDMm6AJfNPJHTzYiVRYXv94V90Wt.#=zr5zeJAU=(Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags) at #=zX1MO9nM0I65xidSuUk6fDXo=.#=zoeTI4qCjBO1A(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags) at #=zX1MO9nM0I65xidSuUk6fDXo=.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs) at #=ziCVoVNY05LnezKALIQE3yBNv6A1U.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at #=zDZVr9EE2eFNdJcW7WJcPGoM=.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
Death
Make a new thread.