forum

Adding a feature to the game [Try Their Skin]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
XxAsilKxX
[Try Their Skin] feature:
So almost everyone player on OSU using skins, and some of them are popular people that their fans want to try their Skin.

So there if there is a Button called [Replay] to see how the player played the beatmap.

So with this feature of [Try Their Skin] The player can Anable/Disable, if whoever watching their game can download the skin they used or not, I think it could be cool if it will be added to the game.
Humanity
Most top players already include their skins in their userpages. If not, just ask them for it.
lucas_wilder
To be able to download the skin, Players would have to upload the skin to the osu!server (so then other players would be able to download in-game), which could end up being really heavy if every single player uploads their own skin.
vjdato21

lucas_wilder wrote:

To be able to download the skin, Players would have to upload the skin to the osu!server (so then other players would be able to download in-game), which could end up being really heavy if every single player uploads their own skin.

True
dbRavd
I forgot how to delete a post...
Nathanael
This will require skins to be uploaded and have their own IDs like beatmaps. It will be a lot of work and storage.
Edgar_Figaro
I think it should instead be only if a player chooses to upload their skin. This would be a lot less load on the servers as it would be by default not on and only upload skins of players who want it uploaded.

Also each player could only have 1 “active skin” uploaded and it wouldn’t necessarily be what they used on the map (as they could have altered it since last upload or player had old skin when playing the map)

Having the skin tied to the player and not the play seems a lot more reasonable for server load.