forum

[Archived] Osu freezing and/or crashing...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Strat0z
Hello everyone,

about 2 weeks ago I upgraded my PC (changed the cpu, motherboard and RAM).
I had an intel pentium G3420 (2 cores@3.2Ghz), and now I have a ryzen 5 1600 (6 cores & 12 threads @3.2Ghz, overclocked @3.5).
I didn't reinstall windows because except on the first startup it didn't show any sign of change.

BUT my problem is that, now, osu will crash after a random 10 sec freeze. I found out it doesn't happen when I play, it only happens in the beatmap menu or the main menu. I also noticed that the game freezes when I do something like searching a map to play. when I click on a map, it will sometimes freeze, and sometimes crash just after.
The thing is, I want to start livestreaming. I did a test with obs @720p60 and it worked perfectly, but again it froze at a random moment during like 8-10sec. It'd be pretty embarassing if it happened during a livestream with viewers.

So I'd like to know if any of you guys know a fix. should I reinstall osu ? Is it because I overclocked my cpu (I did it with an OC setting intergrated in my motherboard though, and it's only +0.3Ghz so it shouldn't be unstable) ? Thank you in advance for your help !

( osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest) )