forum

[Archived] osu! stuttering issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HANZOAP
hi there, the last couple days i have been noticing a really annoying issue with osu!

i first noticed when i opened osu about a week ago, when the game opened i could both see and hear the menu stuttering frequently. i then decided to jump into a round to see if it persisted, and to no surprise it did.

i don't understand what is going on since i've been able to play completely fine untill now.
i have tried multiple things including reinstalling but the issue still persists.
could anyone help me out with this issue?

i use a wacom tablet to play.
and i usually have around 200 fps playing so i'm just really confused.
modrei_DELETED
do you happen to be on the newest win10 update? if yes then try going into windows settings > system > focus assistant, disable everything there
if no then please provide your specs and os
Topic Starter
HANZOAP

modrei wrote:

do you happen to be on the newest win10 update? if yes then try going into windows settings > system > focus assistant, disable everything there
if no then please provide your specs and os

i tried this out and sadly the problm still persists.

the specs on my computer are:
GraphicsCard:Intel hd graphics 5500
(32-bit, 60Hz)
(3gb)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 6144mb

i know this is a shitty pc, but osu! has worked fine until now.
modrei_DELETED
its defo something with windows (as always) i suggest you try reinstalling your drivers again (gpu and audio) and maybe switch to one version below the newest ones (for gpu), disabling fullscreen optimalizations for osu could also help

ingame settings-wise, you can try capping your fps or changing release version (you said youve reinstalled already but try this anyway)
Topic Starter
HANZOAP

modrei wrote:

its defo something with windows (as always) i suggest you try reinstalling your drivers again (gpu and audio) and maybe switch to one version below the newest ones (for gpu), disabling fullscreen optimalizations for osu could also help

ingame settings-wise, you can try capping your fps or changing release version (you said youve reinstalled already but try this anyway)

i tried all of this now and sadly to no avail...
i have no idea what to do now, i really like playing this game but this problem is making it unplayable.

if you or anyone else has other suggestions i'm open to try more underhanded methods.
Tamako Lumisade
I had the same, the problem dissapeared by itself without a reason.
Thotny
Mine has been working off and on with the different Osu! and windows updates. Nothing I have tried has fixed it. Blame windows, it's always windows.