forum

[Archived] Problems With my Osu Client (mouse and crashing)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
extrana
For about a month now my OSU client has had 2 major problems that are honestly drawing me away from playing the game and I can't figure out how to fix either of them.

1.) When I alt-tab/windows-tab into the game I have 5-10 seconds of black screen, and I'm either brought back to the previous application I had open before Osu, or I bring up a frozen Osu client that takes another 5-10 seconds to load to playable. I play the game on fullscreen to reduce input lag. The problem doesn't occur when I'm playing windowed fullscreen, but even with an i7-6700k, a gtx1060, and the game files being loaded from an ssd, I get noticeable input lag when I'm not on fullscreen.

2.) When I have other games open in the background my mouse will periodically jerk in a random direction. It does this while I have World of Warcraft or Runescape open in the background, and as easy of a fix as just closing the game and not playing 2 games at once sounds, I really don't want to do that. This is the only game where I have that problem when playing it fullscreen with those games running in the background, and I don't even know where to being searching to fix this problem.

Thank you for reading my problems, please give helpful information if you have any.
Death
If you are on the latest Windows 10 update, go to Windows Settings > System > Focus Assist, and disable everything there.
Topic Starter
extrana

Death wrote:

If you are on the latest Windows 10 update, go to Windows Settings > System > Focus Assist, and disable everything there.

Thank you so much, that's fixed my first problem.