forum

[Archived] Songs/beatmaps keep "corrupting"/disappearing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Av3rageJoel
This happened twice already in the last month.

Basically, what happened was that when I entered the osu client, there was a small notification box in the bottom right corner saying something along the line of "beatmaps corrupted. Recreating from scratch" (I couldn't remember the exact words). About 1/3 of my beatmaps disappeared.

The first time this happened I wasn't too concerned and put it off as some minor bug. I just pressed f5 to refresh the beatmaps and after some time the "1/3 of my beatmaps that disappeared" came back.

Then this happened again to me this morning. I have yet to refresh the beatmaps because it will take more than 30 minutes to do so. Yes, 30+ minutes. I have about 85000~ beatmaps installed.

In case this is hardware related issue, I have it installed on my 1TB HDD in my laptop. The whole osu file takes up about 168GB~. I move the laptop around quite frequently and I wonder if the issue is caused by physical damage?

Sorry for poor formatting/language this is my first post.
Sonar
This may not be an accurate answer but I believe it has to do with the amount of beatmaps. I've had this happen to me as well, to the point where every time I opened osu I would lose more, but it finally fixed itself after I had deleted a fair amount of them. For reference I had around 90k beatmaps and now sit at around 40k.

Although I may be wrong it it may have just come down to luck
Topic Starter
Av3rageJoel
I'll try deleting some unranked maps I have then. If this issue happens again then idk where to go from here. Thx