forum

that moment when you are so tempted to post!

posted
Total Posts

how gud is ur compooter?

Of course, bruh! My PC is a shitty potato that runs windows vista
0.00%
Kinda laggy when running oss! but acceptable
22.22%
It’s fine to me, but(t) it definitely can be better
11.11%
Average, nothing too good about it, nothing too bad about it
0.00%
My computer is actually pretty good, just because it doesn’t run on windows 8.0
0.00%
It’s good! I can play osu! without any problems and framerate/input latency fluctuations
33.33%
omg! My computer is godly af it can run osu! on max settings with 1337*10^ppy frames per sec!!!!!
22.22%
the option that is above this one is a supermassive understatement to my computer!1!1!1!!1!1!!1!!1
0.00%
It’s so good that it doesn’t make sense because it’s too awesome for this observable universe
0.00%
A computer from the legendary gods that cannot even run osu! because it throws some kind of error that says that i’m a scrub because osu! is too meaningless to run (please no hate)
11.11%
Total votes: 9
Topic Starter
99ug
prepare for a long text wall
any other edits are just fixing meh english

hey fellow osu! players! I’m 99ug. I don’t have much hobbies whatsoever. You may have seen me in Minecraft, Roblox or Geometry Dash! Also, I’m not into anime, sowy.

Since I’m new to this game I might as well make an introduction and since osu! forums are so nice to give me an introduction category to introduce myself, I would not want to skip this opportunity ;)

1. Well, the first and most common thing to say is how I got into osu! and i totally have an answer to it.

1ans. First, I looked at GD youtuber (xX0t1Xx) and his video on his 500pp play on osu!mania.
At first, I was curious about what in the heck this game is all about. However, due to my interest in Minecraft at that time, I didn’t bother to check it up.

A few days later, I decided to see that korean guy cyrillic and that’s when I got introduced to the osu!standard gamemode. That guy always plays with hidden all the time, so at first, I got fooled into thinking that this game was to clicc the circles as fast as he could, but I later realized that other than positional accuracy, osu! also needs me to have rhythmical accuracy.

From there, I got introduced into that real osu! stuff, like:
-all high rankers
-people’s skill at this game
-people who play osu! who are in the same country as me
-cookiezi’s fanboys
-pp (performance points)
-and much more

After much hesitation (few months), I finally downloaded osu! and had a whale of a time at it. I wasn’t sure if I’ll ever stop playing it again!

2. Some people might ask,”Why the heck is this guy getting 20+ pp plays when he hasn’t even had, like, thousands of plays yet? omg you musta b hax0rzing omg omg omg see u at r/osureport!!!”

2ans. First of all, I don’t use hax, if not, please explain why would I only aim for 2-3 star maps if i’m haxing.

Before I had a computer, I saw osu!stream (dead game btw) on the app store and decided to hive it a try, and I totally flat out sucked at it. I completed the first song on stream mode without fail, and failed miserably on liquid future (85%).

After playing much, I kinda felt bored and was going to youtube and looked for more information about osu! and it’s history, till I got opsu!, which is osu! for android, other than (osu!droid). I practiced on it for a straight 3 and a h a l f months.

During the process, I started playing some 1*+ maps. Again, I sucked terribly at it. However, the day eventually came where I started to pass 2*+ maps.....then 3*+ maps........4*+ maps....

“Yes!” I thought to myself. Passing 4*+ maps made me feel much more accomplished, until a quarter of a month later.......

Then, on a random day at 22:10 Singapore time..

opening google chrome
cliccing on the search bar
secretly typing in osu.ppy.sh
cliccing on download
ran osu!install.exe
30 seconds later...
osu!: welcome to ossss
click da circles

omg omg I just installed oss

3. Experience when switching from touchscreen to mouse

3ans. Tries 2* maps
Fails miserably, not even halfway through the song
I kinda was going to ragequit but it was just that one thought that prevented me from pressing alt+f4 keys on my keyboard...
Continued playing for one and a half hours straight

I also had lots of fun at the editor, spamming hitcircles, sliders, spinners and pretty much everything!

Unfortunately, the time eventually came where I had to go to sleep, or else I can never be able to touch my computer ever again! ;(

4. What is my setup?

4ans. Well, it’s nothing much, just a laptop on a rotting wooden table that has been collecting dust for 11 and a half years, and a cheap wireless logitech mouse that I unfortunately cannot properly rest my hands on. Tried convincing parents but couldn’t

5. How many mouses have I broke?

5ans. 0. Why the heck would I break my mouse just to give in to my stingy parents and have to wait till 14 to do part-time work!?!?!?

6. How can I be found on other games?

6ans:
-minecraft:
funny schedule. Most of the time is dedicated to osu! (at least for 29 May 2018)
would appreciate xbox invite
-usernames:
99ug
butgols123 (first xbox account)
sxjjdj (second xbox account)

-roblox:
I’m almost never on there. Last played on 28/2/2018 (As for May 29 2018)
-usernames:
blankipld

-geometry dash:
Also almost never on there. Last played on around early April (As for May 29 2018)
usernames:
-99ug

6.1: How can I be found on social media?
6.1ans: I don’t have any accounts for social media. My communication is either from real life or games.

7. Speaking of real life, what kind of friends do I have?
7ans. I always have friends that play mobile legends, or some fps shooter games kind of thing that I don’t play at all. Just recently introduced osu! to my closest friend.

8. Also, the twitter, discord, skype/msn and website aren’t real, just there to make my profile page more complete

8ans. Sample text

9. What is dem secret behind ur fake profile details?

9ans.

it’s kind of a joke in my school when someone says where is their belongings and stuff and someone replies back with, “In Singapore!1!1!1!1”

interest:
explained in 3ans.

I just don’t know why osu is pronounced as oss.

twitter:
because it’s better than facebook (no hate intended)

discord:
“buttgoldz” is from my first minecraft xbox live account username, butgols123, except that 123 is removed, there is one more ‘t’ to but, the ‘s’ becomes a ‘z’, and there is an extra ‘d’ in between ‘l’ and ‘s/z’

“dyskjokei” is from my second minecraft xbox live account username, sxjjdj, except that I took out ‘sxjj’. The remaining ‘dj’ is an abbreviation of ‘disc jockey’, so following the pronounciation:

disc=dysk
jockey=jokei except that the letter ‘c’ is removed

“97” is from my past minecraft username before 99ug ‘97uo’. Just removed the letters and there it goes.

“99” is......uh.....do I need to explain this?

skype/msn:
I don’t like both skype and msn (sorry if I offended you).
msn is by microsoft (correct me if I’m wrong)
and since I don’t like skype, the letter ‘y’ is replaced with an ‘i’, and ‘e’ gets seperated from the word, and you would end up with ‘skip(e)’, which means (at least to me) to ’skip’ skype.

When Google Chrome can’t obtain a certain website’s IP (internet protocol) address, it gives you an error, and at the bottom left (I don’t know what it is called please forgive me),
it says ERR_NAME_NOT_RESLOVED as an error ‘message’ thing

just decapitalize the letters (because lowercase is boss!), put ‘www.’ in front (no refrence to wubwoofwolf) and .com behind, and you have a masterpiece of a website!

10. Following 5. and 6., when am I active on osu!?
(As of 29 May 2018)

10ans. Almost everytime, and no, I didn’t get my soul sucked out by peppy.
I have a average of about 4hours of studying per day, and my studying time is really inconsistent, so please pardon me. Anyways, your best bets to find me are during 13:00-15:00 (Singapore Time) and 22:00-23:00 (also Singapore Time).

11. What is my rank/what is my progress?
(As of 29 May 2018)

11ans.
Ranking: ~#575k, improved from ~#3m from a few days ago after much playing
Ranking in my country: #~6k
Submitted plays:
SS+ plays: 1
SS plays: 5
S+ plays: none
S plays: 38
A plays: 16
B plays: 6
C plays: 13
D plays: none
fails/retries/ragequits: 315/394 plays

12. What is your skills (mouse and touchscreen)?

(As of 29 May 2018)

12ans.
Mouse:
High S/SS on most 1*+ maps
S/A/B on most 2*+ maps
B/C passes on most lower 3*+ maps
Not passing 4*+ maps............yet. oh

Touchscreen:
Pretty much SS on most 1*+ maps
S/High A on most 2*+ maps
A/B/Rarely C on most 3*+ maps
Low B/C on most 4*+ maps
Almost passing 5*+ maps! So close~

13. Anyways, let’s cut all the crap, and jump into this long text wall’s conclusion!
(AS OF 29 MAY 2018 OMG HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS XDDD)

13ans.
At the end of the day, I find osu! very enjoyable and play it much as a hobby. peppy’s care for this game has really brought me here, unlike electronic arts, and away from all other games. Of course, I don’t play osu! just for pp and ranks, I play it for fun~
I hope everyone here can have fun as well! As always(tf this is my first post), peace!~

Written on 29/5/2018 from 20:45-22:39 (sgt)
that shows how important first impressions are to me.

The end (of this long text wall and this guy that spent an ENTIRE 1 hour and 54 minutes just to write an INTRODUCTION!!!!!)

um...did i just roast myself?

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO jk

Any information after this line is edited and added in.

(edit) 14. Do I play other gamemodes in osu!?

14ans. (As of 30 May 2018)

Yes, I sometimes play taiko for fun (suck at it), rarely catch the beat (even more succ at it). I don’t play osu!mania.

(edit2) 15. Why don’t you edit ur me!?!?!?!?!?!? ur profile page is now so s u p p e r incomplete!!!!!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1

15ans. I can’t afford osu!supporter, because even though I am very contented with the content of this game without osu!supporter, I don’t love ppy that much to buy it. Someday....when I earn money...

(edit3) 16. What is my most hated element in osu!

16ans.
Guess what? DUNDDDNDUDNDUDNDUDN s l i d e r s.

Sliders give me five ways to ruin my health:
-first circle
-slider ticks
-r e v e r s e a r r o w c i r c l e
-end circle
-and of course, getting a miss
Imagine getting a miss on those stupid stuff.
me: “omg I just failed because of a fffffffffing slider that drained like 3/4 of all meh health and then I got a stupid miss on a hitcircle”

17. Why don’t I use a keyboard?

17ans. You’re probably thinking,”Why does this guy play osu!standard only with a mouse, play taiko with a mouse, and even play catch the beat with a mouse, and the middle click button for DASHING?!?!?!?! How is he gonna play osu! mania? Use 3 mouses for 9k?”

(As of 30/5/18)

Well, first of all, 14.

Second of all, I play fine without a mouse, and do not plan on switching playstyles. No, I’m not ripping off Rivicila.

18. What mods do you use? What is your favourite and most hated mod?

(As of 30/5/18)

18ans. Mod is an abbreviation of modification by the way, usually to be confused with moderator, since their abbreviation for it is the same.

For high 3* maps, i usually use HT (halftime), which multiplies the speed of a song and the speed in which circles appear by 0.75 times.

For easy 4* maps, other than HT, i also use EZ (easy), which multiples all beatmap attributes (except for speed and some others by half, but i seldom use it, because it actually makes playing and reading harder (well, at least for me), due to the lowered circle size and approach rate.

For 2* maps, i use HR (hardrock), which multiples all beatmap attributes (other than speed and others) by 1.4 (correct me if I’m wrong)

For 1* maps, other than HR, I (obviously) use DT (doubletime), which multiplies the speed of a song and the speed in which circles appear by 1.5 times. By the way, if you use DT on a beatmap which a approach rate value of 10, you can make AR11 :)

My favourite mod is HR, since it (in some cases, makes things easier(at least for easier maps)). The 6% score boost is, like, practically for free.

bye
JO3-M4K
Hey man. From looking at your introduction, it looks like we are not that different from one another.

I also used to play minecraft on both pc and consoles. I got introduced to osu! in 2015 in December and have played standard ever since. I've been playing both on playstation and xbox platforms in the past but now I'm on pc i just talk to people online.

Also I admire the time you took to make that hella long introduction. Gj. :)

It'll take time to get a lot better but theres still plenty more room for improvement. The best way forward for me was to keep trying harder and harder stuff and focussing on accuracy too.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the forums here and also enjoy this game too. You might see me in the #osu channel in the ingame chat. Feel free to say hi if you see me. :)
Topic Starter
99ug
I guess i want to be left alone in the game but hi anyways
Enchourex
Nice.
Your rank seems to skyrocket recently
and i play minecraft too
creating maps but never finish them :P

and hello i'm just a new player passing by~
Topic Starter
99ug
of course it has skyrocketed but since ~600k progress has slowed down but no one plays osu! just for pp and ranks, those are just secondary. Playing games are for fun