forum

What maps should i play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HitoClout
Just got into Mania and was wondering if there are 4k Maps i should practice to get better at the game?
Caput Mortuum
For starters, don't play autoconverts, or maps that are originally osu standard maps. You can find real ranked mania maps here and you can filter out the autoconverts in-game by typing "key=4" or "mode=m".
Topic Starter
HitoClout

Eraser wrote:

For starters, don't play autoconverts, or maps that are originally osu standard maps. You can find real ranked mania maps here and you can filter out the autoconverts in-game by typing "key=4" or "mode=m".

Ah great thanks for the help!
HeyImNik
Just download a lot of 4k MANIA ONLY beatmaps and play them, gradually raising the difficulty. I just sort my beatmaps according to their difficulty and play them 1 by 1, and so far it has proven to be useful. But you really need a ton of mania beatmaps otherwise the difficulty pace change is gonna be steep. After downloading just "play more" and play everyday, there are no beatmaps made specifically for beginner training, you get those only later on when you already have established the buttons you need to press in your mind and most of the basic patterns without a problem.
Right now all you gotta do is build yourself a solid foundation and get to higher difficulty beatmaps, I recommend you to never neglect even the hardest and most frustrating patterns because some of them are extremely hard and it takes 2-3 months of practice to really master them, if you neglect them, they will get the best of you and will be your biggest wall.
After you get to 2.5*, search up tech/speed/stamina/long note/etc... beatmaps, those kind of beatmaps allow you to practice a specific set of patterns which will make ranking up later a breeze.
Don't force yourself to play, play only if you feel like it, playing forcefully will only make things worse and you won't get better so it's a waste of time. Play with the rhythm, just hitting the notes won't do it. And most importantly give it time and have some consistency. With time and consistency I promise you that you will get better.
I have been playing mania since January 28th, 2018 and I have gotten pretty far, and still improving everyday.
Even if you play only 30 minutes and then don't feel like it, then its okay. All those minor improvements add up and sum up to a lot of time invested and massive improvements. When you feel burnt out and can't play osu anymore, then just don't. Take a break and comeback 1-2 weeks later, breaks always prove to be very useful and drive you to improve even further when you come back with more passion and desire to be better than ever. (Right now I came back to mania after a break of a week. And heck I feel like im gonna do so much better now).
Those are all the main tips anyone would tell you, good luck and hope you will stick around m8.
Topic Starter
HitoClout

xnix wrote:

Just download a lot of 4k MANIA ONLY beatmaps and play them, gradually raising the difficulty. I just sort my beatmaps according to their difficulty and play them 1 by 1, and so far it has proven to be useful. But you really need a ton of mania beatmaps otherwise the difficulty pace change is gonna be steep. After downloading just "play more" and play everyday, there are no beatmaps made specifically for beginner training, you get those only later on when you already have established the buttons you need to press in your mind and most of the basic patterns without a problem.
Right now all you gotta do is build yourself a solid foundation and get to higher difficulty beatmaps, I recommend you to never neglect even the hardest and most frustrating patterns because some of them are extremely hard and it takes 2-3 months of practice to really master them, if you neglect them, they will get the best of you and will be your biggest wall.
After you get to 2.5*, search up tech/speed/stamina/long note/etc... beatmaps, those kind of beatmaps allow you to practice a specific set of patterns which will make ranking up later a breeze.
Don't force yourself to play, play only if you feel like it, playing forcefully will only make things worse and you won't get better so it's a waste of time. Play with the rhythm, just hitting the notes won't do it. And most importantly give it time and have some consistency. With time and consistency I promise you that you will get better.
I have been playing mania since January 28th, 2018 and I have gotten pretty far, and still improving everyday.
Even if you play only 30 minutes and then don't feel like it, then its okay. All those minor improvements add up and sum up to a lot of time invested and massive improvements. When you feel burnt out and can't play osu anymore, then just don't. Take a break and comeback 1-2 weeks later, breaks always prove to be very useful and drive you to improve even further when you come back with more passion and desire to be better than ever. (Right now I came back to mania after a break of a week. And heck I feel like im gonna do so much better now).
Those are all the main tips anyone would tell you, good luck and hope you will stick around m8.

hey thats awesome man thanks for the tips. mind if i add you in game??
HeyImNik

HitoTrash wrote:

hey thats awesome man thanks for the tips. mind if i add you in game??

Sure, why not
NightNarumi
o and never forget to have fun while doing it, it gets your motivation going and helps you get better at a faster pace.