forum

[Archived] Massive lag and stuttering in menus and song select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
M0leman
Hi! Long story short, I have been having lots of issues lately with lag and stuttering in menus and song select. My pc's specs should not be an issue as I have a gtx 1080 - 16gb RAM, etc - a good CPU, etc. I have tried several fixes, among those, restarting my PC - turning fullscreen on and off - fiddling with several different settings recommended in different threads about this issue, like reduce dropped frames, changing release stream, compatibility mode, even changing skin. I prolly fiddled with some other things too but I can't remember atm. I tried changing the maximum amount of pre-rendered frames to 1 in nvidia settings. I tried turning off every background program that I could, only one that I was unable to turn off was Norton, and I could not even task manager that fucker close. I updated my audio driver AND my graphics driver. So, what to do now? Should prolly also mention that as soon as I enter a beatmap the problem disappears.
modrei_DELETED
Windows settings > System > Focus assistant, Disable everything.
Topic Starter
M0leman

modrei wrote:

Windows settings > System > Focus assistant, Disable everything.

I have done that as well. https://gyazo.com/a29ac2802ed93eb04894a5f247699e6a here is a gif of it happening. Had to turn off fullscreen and stuff to capture it with gyazo, hence the shitty framerate. But you get the gist of it, just scale it up a bit. I just made a new discovery, as long as no sound is being made in the main menu, the fps drops and stuttering stops. Which means I have to pause the music and not hover over the OSU button.