forum

[Archived] Bizarre Client behavior

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Problem Details:

Starting a couple weeks ago and progressively getting worse, I started with some frame drops on occasion, but now the visuals of the game completely freeze. The song and hit-boxes seem to still work (I've gotten 300s on notes hitting them while the game screen was frozen), although recently it's escalated to happening a few times per map on average, and just today I was getting a steady frame rate of only 80 (compared to my normal 240 lock) and at one point I got a video playback error when starting a song, only to see the end of the video playing after the background faded back in. I've also had false errors about background being deleted on only the first play of a map.

No settings changes that I've tried have done anything, and osu is the only program on my computer with any lag of any nature.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I wasn't able to capture the freezing on video, looking at clips that I know had long stints of freezes had none showing in the video, although every other problem showed up fine, here's a clip of the video playback error, as well as showing the abysmal FPS and choppy menu interaction, the only important parts are the start and end showing the error and the video playing after the screen fades back, I left the map as a whole video just to show that it wasn't cut at all.

https://plays.tv/video/5b065ae402fa8225 ... ?from=user

Thanks for your time, I hope to hear back soon

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Death
Hold shift while starting osu! until a recovery window pops up and hit "repair osu!"

Update/Reinstall your GPU and audio drivers. If you are on Windows 10, try disabling fullscreen optimizations in the properties tab of your osu!.exe and disable everything related to "focus assist" in your system settings.

Try also closing different programs you have running in the background, and check your task manager for anything using a large amount of resources.