forum

[Archived] Windows BSODs ingame

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Cappuchino-
Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 BSODs while playing osu! any help?
Error Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
looked up the error, says i need to uninstall faulty drivers in Device Manager. But doesn't show any
Tried fiddling with the power settings, disabled PCI Power Management and still doesn't work. Maximum power savings also doesn't work.
Hardware:
NVIDIA GT630M
Intel Core i3-3110M @2.4Ghz
4GB RAM
Keyboard: NUBWO Illusion NK70 with latest drivers
Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB with Corsair iCUE as driver
Tablet: Huion H420 with v8 drivers
Is it possible that the v8 drivers are causing BSODs? I uninstalled the v12 drivers because of the tablet lag.
modrei_DELETED
i strongly recommend hawku drivers for your tablet (uninstall any other drivers you have installed and restart your pc after you do so)

as for what driver might be causing it, its most likely some driver crucial for your system (means not usb/tablet/wifi etc.), just so you have a priority if you decide to reinstall all drivers

also judging by your specs your laptop is few years old, so its possible your hdd is dying as well, backup your most important files to cloud just to be sure
Topic Starter
-Cappuchino-
I installed Hawku's drivers. Gonna play osu! for a bit.

Also the problem started after I got the NUBWO Illusion and Corsair Harpoon and installed their drivers. I encountered lag with v12 drivers so I downgraded to v8. then BSOD happens. So I'm sure it's the v8 drivers
Topic Starter
-Cappuchino-
UPDATE: BSODs happen outside of osu! too. I was recording a video and PC Crashes. Same error, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I used Hawku's drivers, so It's definetely not that the V8 drivers are incompatible.
I now suspect the Corsair iCUE. Since I left my mouse inactive for some time when the BSOD happened. It happens usally everytime I leave my mouse not moving for some time, usally clicking circles. And for what I've read Corsair LINK Sometimes cause BSODs. May look if that's the problem.
Topic Starter
-Cappuchino-
So I used Driver verifier to check for defective drivers.
At first the BSODs doesn't show the defective driver, but after several restarts it reported that my Intel Rapid Storage driver was causing some problems. Probably the culprit. I also disabled iCUE from startup so if the problem persists then there's another culprit that's causing the BSODs, gonna try playing for 30 mins and see if another BSOD happens again.
EDIT: Still happens. Minidump was saved. https://crkzacloud.s-ul.eu/TXEMtpqo if anyone wants to check it out