forum

[Archived] Input lag jumping from 0,8 to 3ms and lots of dropped frames.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vectorial
As title says, recently my input lag has increased and just randomly spikes, and next to the FPS counter I see those red-colored squares (which if I'm not mistaken, they mean dropped frames). It's annoying because I see my cursor being kinda "flaky" in its movement.
Also the squares appear as soon as I start tapping, when I'm not pressing anything they slowly disappear.
Is this Windows 10 messing with the game or what?
ThanasisSam
i have the same problem do you use nvidia gpu?
Death
Restart your computer. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Disable fullscreen optimizations.

Do you use a specific program to control certain functions on your keyboard? If so, you might want to try disabling it.
Topic Starter
Vectorial

Death wrote:

Restart your computer. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Disable fullscreen optimizations.

Do you use a specific program to control certain functions on your keyboard? If so, you might want to try disabling it.

I have Corsair Utility Engine, but I had no issues at all until recently, some time after the new Windows update.
Recently updated my drivers and I have no issues anymore, my latency's very slightly above what it was before but it's fixed.

ThanasisSam wrote:

Yes, but I doubt the problem was really on the GPU's side considering NVidia drivers were up to date.
Death
Windows updates really like to break things. So I'd still recommend trying to disable Corsair utility engine, or check if it has an update itself.

Even if drivers are up to date sometimes, especially after Windows updates, I've found reinstalling them can help sometimes.

Try to disable focus assist as well if you haven't done that already. Windows settings > System > Focus assist.
Topic Starter
Vectorial

Death wrote:

Windows updates really like to break things. So I'd still recommend trying to disable Corsair utility engine, or check if it has an update itself.

Even if drivers are up to date sometimes, especially after Windows updates, I've found reinstalling them can help sometimes.

Try to disable focus assist as well if you haven't done that already. Windows settings > System > Focus assist.

Issues are back, disabling CUE didn't work and disabling Focus Assist didn't fix either. The game's not flaky anymore but seeing those squares annoys me to no end because it's saying I have dropped frames despite it doesn't really look like I have any. My input lag still is spiking randomly.
modrei_DELETED
personalize > colours > disable the transparency effects
big mak12345

Vectorial wrote:

Death wrote:

I have Corsair Utility Engine, but I had no issues at all until recently, some time after the new Windows update.
Recently updated my drivers and I have no issues anymore, my latency's very slightly above what it was before but it's fixed.

ThanasisSam wrote:

Yes, but I doubt the problem was really on the GPU's side considering NVidia drivers were up to date.
what driver did you update to get it fixed? i have 1ms and it constantly spikes up to 2-3 and makes my whole game stuttery, sometimes mouse will even freeze for a second
rklamer
Sounding off with the same issue here. Constant red-boxes for dropped frames.

- Tried closing everything I could while playing
- Have restarted, multiple times.
- Happens running as administrator or not.
- Happens when disabling fullscreen optimizations (and not).
- All drivers are up to date.
- Tried a complete uninstall of Nvidia drivers including the use of DDU in safe mode; problems persist.

This all started happening after an Nvidia driver update, so I'm starting to think that's the cause. I'm going to try to roll back my video card drivers and see if that fixes the issue.

I'm running a GTX 980 with an i7-8700k, 16GB DDR4 RAM. No overclocks, everything on stock. Nothing is overheating while playing, either.
Topic Starter
Vectorial

rklamer wrote:

Sounding off with the same issue here. Constant red-boxes for dropped frames.

- Tried closing everything I could while playing
- Have restarted, multiple times.
- Happens running as administrator or not.
- Happens when disabling fullscreen optimizations (and not).
- All drivers are up to date.
- Tried a complete uninstall of Nvidia drivers including the use of DDU in safe mode; problems persist.

This all started happening after an Nvidia driver update, so I'm starting to think that's the cause. I'm going to try to roll back my video card drivers and see if that fixes the issue.

I'm running a GTX 980 with an i7-8700k, 16GB DDR4 RAM. No overclocks, everything on stock. Nothing is overheating while playing, either.

2 months later bump, well at least this is not only me.
I'd say it got worse, sometimes the game just freezes for a couple seconds out of the blue (doesn't always happen).
Cursor movement's still flaky. I'm soon replacing my graphics tablet since this one I have recently started having its own problems as well, wonder if it'll fix stuff partially if not entirely.