forum

Off-Topic as of late

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Sorry for the meta thread in advance since there are some folks who are tired of it.

Anyone noticed there aren't as many threads being made by us anymore, but rather by random folks? I know quite a bit of them are moved into OT by some evil mod, while others are made here. Regardless, I think they are making OT more shit than usual lately. Unlike them, those who keep coming back make up the OT community. A community in which people know each other a bit better, and tend to share ideas among each other. I like to think most threads by the community are made for the community rather than just for the sake of it, and I believe those kind of threads tend to create some of the greater moments which make OT less shit. I mean OT is always shit, but it's not always this shit.
Ephemeral
make it less shit

really easy to do
Izzywing
tfw u gatekeep off topic
Topic Starter
abraker

Ephemeral wrote:

make it less shit

really easy to do
That's pretty hard to do when any shit from other forums gets shoved into our faces here
Flanster
lets nuke this place and use GD for everything
Topic Starter
abraker

Flanster wrote:

lets nuke this place and use GD for everything
I found the traitor! Get your pitchforks, light up the stake!
ColdTooth

Ephemeral wrote:

make it less shit

really easy to do
update the exile-rules/list

really easy to do
johnmedina999

ColdTooth wrote:

update the exile-rules/list

really easy to do
That's not the solution. We cannot rely on authority to do things for us. Besides, have you forgotten the backlash Eph got when he made the rules. Maybe not by you, but half of the community was angered.

Instead, what I believe Eph is trying to say is to post desirable content and threads to counteract the undesirable threads.
Tae
Half a community that... isn't here anymore? Honestly just exile Asriel and we're sorted.
Meah
I'm the only cool lurker left
Topic Starter
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Instead, what I believe Eph is trying to say is to post desirable content and threads to counteract the undesirable threads.
But my op basically says that we are either outnumbered or not doing that regardless.
ColdTooth

Meah wrote:

levesterz

ColdTooth wrote:

Meah wrote:

Idddubzzzz green screen meme generator is nice
Ephemeral
offtopic has always been the effluent overrun from all the other crap threads on the forums and it managed to sustain a central identity for years

just be more genuinely funny and interesting and people will stick around
Meah
I'm genuinely funny
yes
Topic Starter
abraker

Ephemeral wrote:

offtopic has always been the effluent overrun from all the other crap threads on the forums
If it has been, then it was subtle. I feel like there was a recent change in how threads are handled that is making it much less subtle now.
Flanster

Meah wrote:

I'm genuinely funny
yes

ColdTooth wrote:

keremaru
what random folks are making shit ot threads now
ColdTooth

Tae wrote:

Half a community that... isn't here anymore? Honestly just exile Asriel and we're sorted.

Agreed