forum

When should I go onto the next star difficulty?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hypergalaxy8
I am a somewhat new player, with only 30pp or so. I am improving at the harder 1 star beatmaps, and I am wondering, when should I start going onto two star maps? Can you recommend any beatmaps that will help somewhat new players like me improve?
Bobbias
So right now it doesnt make a huge difference what you play. You're still at the point where all your learning is how to hit the right key when you see a note.

If you want to practice more specifically, dont be afraid to try some higher ranked maps. What you need to practice is learning the really basic kinds of patterns. Look for maps with more than 1 note at a time, or rhythm you find difficult to time correctly.

The most important thing is to make sure you are playing maps made for mania mode, not standard maps that can automatically convert to be played in mania. To do this you have a few options. You can type "mode=m" into the search ingame. You can also set the sorting to sort by game mode.

This is important because the rhythms make more sense, the patterns make sense, and you will see lots of patterns in mania only maps that you will never see in converted maps.
HeyImNik
Basically what Bobbias said, you dont need to play the same maps if you score an accuracy that's higher than 97%. If you score that much, play harder maps. But most importantly play more, simple as that.