forum

New to Mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AJ1703
I have finished easy diff in my map and aiming for ranked, I'm having doubts in my easy diff and I'm stuck on normal diff not being able to know what pattern I should do next after the spinner on my map. I studied some ranked maps like Doormat's and others on easy and normal difficulty, but still no luck or it was far from what I imagined. Any tips or advices that I can use? :?: :?:
Map link: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1643181?m=0
Endaris
I already wrote you a bunch of general things on the discussion page of your map as you already noticed.
Aside from that I can heavily recommend you to read through some of the threads in the guide compendium stickied to this subforum.

For rhythm, I'd recommend you to read through the first two points of this thread:
Understanding osu! hitobjects
Active/Passive Hitsounding aka Clicking/Gameplay Rhythm

There's also this short note I wrote some time ago, although it is kind of abstract:
A "short" word on Easy/Normal-Difficulties

Generally speaking, rhythm is the first thing you should work on as it always forms the core of the map. Even a map with poor placement is still relatively nice to play if the rhythm is on point. On the opposite a map with nice visuals but sloppy rhythm will always provoke moments of confusing that distract you from the music.
It is a difficult thing to grasp at first so don't hesitate to ask more specific questions about mapping a fine rhythm. 750 characters is really too short for any kind of explanation on your map discussion thread so preferably do it here.