forum

[duplicate] Color coded bookmarks in the editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I think this could be very useful for both modders and mappers.

Here's an example of how you could distinguish different sections of a map with colored bookmarks:

Areas that need to be hitsounded
Areas that need SV changes added This one's mainly for mania / taiko maps
Questionable timing
Adjust jump placement

Here's an alternative example for compilation maps:

Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Song 4

Ctb mapping:

Back to back hyper dashes in this section
Edge dashes
Hyper droplet slider
Sections with fruits that should be reachable without dashing

This could possibly be used for hitsounding as well by color coding sections that use specific placements of hit sounds. E.G. snare-snare-snare-kick drum or something like that.

Of course, these have quite a bit of potential applications. Now, I know you could use the current bookmarks for things like this, but it's annoying to sightread or remember why you placed bookmarks in certain spots when returning to a map after taking a break.

Now, there's two options for what colors are in these bookmarks. It could either be a preloaded set of colors, I'd recommend something like this:

Yellow
Purple
Red
Orange
Navy Blue
Lime
Forest Green

Or, maybe it could be the map's combo colors, but barely any maps use custom combo colors these days so I can't really see this working.
abraker
Add in color code filtering too.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

How about taking it one step further and allow to make bookmarks to support notes in the beatmap editor? Like describing patterns within the beatmap file so other mappers know what you are getting at, or a todo note for your future self.

That could be pretty cool actually.

I hope it’s in the lazer editor
abraker
Me too

you can go ahead and upvote this now: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/374935

this a dupe
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

Me too

you can go ahead and upvote this now: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/374935

this a dupe

That thread is 3 years old and doesn’t explain itself as well as mine