forum

New to osu!, but not to rhythm games in general

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeadPants182
(Yes, I realize that my join date says April 2015, but I didn't play for very long. I'm basically starting from scratch, so that's why I'm here.)

I'm a long-time rhythm game player trying something new. I've been playing Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and now Clone Hero on and off since 2006. I've also dabbled in a bunch of other rhythm games, including StepMania, DJMax Technika, Groove Coaster, and Rhythm Heaven. My main mode is 4k mania, but I also play standard mode and 7k.

I've decided to make osu! my main rhythm game for a few reasons:

1. I'm getting tired of needing to seek out instrument controllers that are fragile and increasingly hard to find.
  2. The different modes offer a decent amount of variety, so I'm less likely to get bored.
  3. The community seems to be more active than StepMania (though I could be wrong).
  4. The general look and feel of osu! appeals to me.

Random thought: it took me forever to realize that in mania, you have to let go of held notes at just the right time (as opposed to SM and CH, where it doesn't matter). That was probably why I lost interest so quickly before. Now that I understand the mechanics better, I'm having a lot more fun.
Lyokomaster
I'm new to osu! as well I've gotten to three stars in the short time I've been playing! but anyways Hai! I'm not new to rhythm games just like you; but I never was dedicated. Osu! is different and is a lot of fun so I don't expect to stop playing anytime soon.
DJ Enetro
Pump It Up, VOEZ, and osu!.

Those are my three main games that I play.

I prefer discord over forums tbh, but welcome either way.