forum

3oh!3 - I Can't Do It Alone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, January 04, 2009 at 5:07:16 AM

Artist: 3oh!3
Title: I Can't Do It Alone
BPM: 160
Filesize: 2406kb
Play Time: 02:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.94 stars, 453 notes)
  2. Normal (3.95 stars, 275 notes)
Download: 3oh!3 - I Can't Do It Alone
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
EDIT: Hi. Had some words with Peppy on IRC and he doesn't support the BPM trick I've used to alter slider velocity to my likings. The formula is BPM/3, which will allow you to use 1/3 snap divisor and have the notes snapped properly, however it will effect the tick rate (set to minimum in this map, so not effected) and the way the timing sounds in editor. It also effects the osu logo which will beat improperly, which is peppy's main reason for not wanting this map ranked.

However he gave me the permission for this to be ranked if I get enough people/BAT's to say that the BPM thing doesn't bother them. I ask you to please post your opinion on the matter and participate in the poll.

Also, the original formula I got from Darrihuka, who incorporated it in a few of his ranked maps.

jamesfix

edit: fix skin. rank thx

edit: bump. I really want to get this ranked :( I love it so. Going to try to persuede peppy later~
edit2: Peppy has given this the okay, so looking forward to getting this modded :)
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
GladiOol
First try @ hard, S with 97 acc.
Skin = Awesome
Song = Awesome
Map = Awesome

Go make normal Rolled! :)
minyeob
It's hard to mod BAT's beatmap......

1:31:713(1,spinner) extend 1/4 beat
2:11:458(1) move up a bit
James
It's hard to mod BAT's beatmap......
rofl
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Rolled

Zerostarry wrote:

More difficulties zzzz
hi
Topic Starter
Rolled
Nuked until further notice. Please participate in the poll at the least, posting your opinion is perferred.

zzz it's stupid to nuke my own map. I'm going to go to bed and see if this gets any replies by tomorrow.
FluffRat
[Normal]
02:46:71 (2,1) - Move 1 away from 2.

[Hard]
All I really have is combo suggestions, nice map. :)
01:21:77 (2) - This is probably acceptable, but the darn thing gets me every friggin' time and I hate you forever. Just wanted you to know that. <3
01:52:33 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Perfectly readable... in HalfTime. Perhaps a splash of color at 3, 5, and 7?
02:10:71 (5,6,1,2) - Reads much better for me with new combo turned off on "6" and "2".
02:06:21 (1,2,3,4) - That 3 would be somewhat easier to see if 1 was either it's own combo or part of the previous 1 hit combo, but this seems like a pretty minor issue.
02:30:02 (6,1,2) - Feels better to me with the new combo on "2", but again just being a whiner here.

{edit} *looks up* Oops. :roll:
Topic Starter
Rolled

FluffRat wrote:

[Normal]
02:46:71 (2,1) - Move 1 away from 2.

[Hard]
All I really have is combo suggestions, nice map. :)
01:21:77 (2) - This is probably acceptable, but the darn thing gets me every friggin' time and I hate you forever. Just wanted you to know that. <3
01:52:33 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Perfectly readable... in HalfTime. Perhaps a splash of color at 3, 5, and 7?
02:10:71 (5,6,1,2) - Reads much better for me with new combo turned off on "6" and "2".
02:06:21 (1,2,3,4) - That 3 would be somewhat easier to see if 1 was either it's own combo or part of the previous 1 hit combo, but this seems like a pretty minor issue.
02:30:02 (6,1,2) - Feels better to me with the new combo on "2", but again just being a whiner here.

{edit} *looks up* Oops. :roll:
Wow, ty @ the normal spot. Can't believe I did that lol.

As for normal mods, being able to read it probable comes from experience. After a while you will learn to read the approach circles rather than the actual hitcircles, and from there on it should be easier to read spots like this in the map. You should try reading the approach circles, it is a good habbit to get into :)
James
rofl i dont know why i keep thinking circles placed at upper center of the playfield like 01:03:02 (1) are 1/2 beat jumps XD

normal:
00:15:21 (1,1) - can you place those and the likes of these closer? its too wide for my eyes in a normal difficulty hahha
Topic Starter
Rolled

Download: blue drops - Heart no Kakuritsu (doomed151) [ertyukjh010's Hard].osu
CheeseWarlock
Rolled = God. I love this map. IOU one bubble for this, because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to given the controversy. But I'm all in favour of this being ranked. Taiko mode can go fu sit in a corner.
Zerostarry
work

Normal:
01:13:71 (4) - Spacin'
Topic Starter
Rolled

Zerostarry wrote:

work

Normal:
01:13:71 (4) - Spacin'
Fix'd

And thanks cheese :) appreciate your good words
GladiOol
Topic Starter
Rolled

Gladi wrote:

[Normal]
02:02:087 [1,2,3,4,5] -> Mabye simplefy with more stacks? Because this part even tricked me ^^
02:46:711 [2,1,2,3] -> Spacing issue, Blue should be further away.

[Hard]
Awesome, thats the only thing I could found.
durr, I should really replay my normal difficutlies more thouroughly. Thanks for pointing that badly spaced spot out.

Also, fixed up the confusing part. Let me know if you still have trouble with it.
foulcoon
I think we've seen enough support for this to be ranked.

One issue i think i talked to you about with the smaller circle size is your skin. The approach circles in editor clearly don't close in as close to the hitcircles as they would without the skin. Size issues? I can't see how this affects gameplay, but it might cause some players to hit late.
Nharox
*bump*

I want to see this ranked. :(
CheeseWarlock

foulcoon wrote:

I think we've seen enough support for this to be ranked.

One issue i think i talked to you about with the smaller circle size is your skin. The approach circles in editor clearly don't close in as close to the hitcircles as they would without the skin. Size issues? I can't see how this affects gameplay, but it might cause some players to hit late.
It doesn't affect me as much as I'd expect it to, and nobody else has complained about it so far. So I'm tempted to call it fine and give this a long-deserved bubble. Buuuuuut as a matter of principle it might be better to change it. Maybe add in a custom-skinned approach circle?
show more