forum

My accuracy is crap (please help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
auston1230
Why does my acc suddenly suck? I have been playing for around 10 months, and I have been a 5* or so player on 4k for sometime, I recently started playing 7k and my acc was still really decent on 7k I was trying to build my scroll speed on 7k by just playing on 24-25 or so for a week then bump it up once till I could play at 32, my 4k scroll speed, I was playing on my laptop cause I was away from my home pc, I had still played 4k at 32 like I normally do, my universal offset was -53ms and I had really good acc, even in 7k I would still get A's on 2.5* from the start, I got back to my home pc and I had went to play some 4k to get rid of the decay (I'm not logged in on my laptop cause it won't let me for some odd reason) and my accuracy is absolute garbage. I went from getting 97% on a 4* that I play pretty often, to getting 85% on it, I tried messing around with the offset, but it didn't really help, I noticed I'm late pressing the notes so I set my offset to 0ms, but my accuracy on that song was only 87% afterwards. I tried bumping it up to 53ms and that didn't help at all. so I put it at 0ms and I thought, well if I haven't played on this in a while, that could be messing me up. so I just set the offset to -53ms and turned on hardrock and played some 3.5* songs, my accuracy was 74% and I couldn't regen the hp that I lost to missing notes due to bad accuracy so I would just die. To 3.5*s. I just wanted to give up, but then I realized I could ask the community for help! so I am here now.
Full Tablet
You set your universal offset to a smaller number if you press too late in average. That said, changes of 50ms are pretty large, you should notice the music syncing or not with those changes.

If you play with hitsounds, set your universal offset to a value that makes the hitsounds sync to the music. Then, adjust the hitposition in your skin rather than changing your offset.

If you don't use hitsounds, find an easy song you can play with your eyes closed and play it, the hit errors you get on that map should tell you your offset (ignore results if you get misses or an unstable rate that is too big). Further adjustments should be done by changing the hitposition rather than the offset.
Topic Starter
auston1230
Thanks! It is helping, I am trying to adjust to the new hitposition but my accuracy is already improving. Thank you for the help.
Bobbias
Hitting late can also mean your struggling to read things fast enough to hit them on time, and moving from lower scroll speeds to higher ones can cause that to happen if you got too used to the lower speeds. Consider checking how your accuracy looks while using lower speeds.
Chez
If you can get used to reading high scroll, you might get an accuracy boost on the notes you can actually see. The problem is if you really can't read a pattern, it's incredibly easy to just miss notes entirely. It's really "fragile acc" and SVs ruin your life.

Only exception is probably Swampgator because the note cloning helps out a lot there :^)