forum

Hello I am new to taiko!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
So I started to play taiko yesterday cause I'm bored with standard, and I got to admit, it's kind of fun to play taiko.

So I noticed that taiko is EXTREMELY hard for me, I have a huge problem with colors, if I see random patterns like
RRBRBRRBRBBBRRBRB I strain my hands and brain because I react so slowly to color's, or maybe my brain is just really slow ;-;

Is this normal for new taiko players?
Eurocat
is it normal for a new player to not be able to do ddkdkddkdkkkddkdk?
i think im gonna have to go with a yes, buddy
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Eurocat wrote:

is it normal for a new player to not be able to do ddkdkddkdkkkddkdk?
i think im gonna have to go with a yes, buddy

what does ddkdkddkdkkkddkdk mean?
Eurocat
RRBRBRRBRBBBRRBRB = ddkdkddkdkkkddkdk
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Eurocat wrote:

RRBRBRRBRBBBRRBRB = ddkdkddkdkkkddkdk

Oh ok! but anyways I'll try to be patient and get better at taiko, I also noticed this weird offset on my taiko's

https://imgur.com/a/xXvwkEp
Endaris
The offsets of taiko skin elements changed with v2.0 or something of skinning. You'll have to add a skin version number to your skin.ini.
You can look up the exact number in the wiki and try different ones until you get the desired result.
RoadRolla
Best tip I have is that the default sounds and skin for Taiko suck complete doodoo,
at least for me it is.
You should practice on some easier maps and work your way up, that goes with anything, but especially Taiko.
Do not forget to have fun! Taiko can be as frustrating as the other gamemodes, if not more frustrating. If you are frustrated, it is better to take a short break rather than try and try again to get that s-rank or something.
black_arachnia
^^^ I've only ever played on the default skin and now I can't play anything else lmao
My advice is play more. Also play a big variety of maps and not the same ones a lot as they introduce different or more complex patterns and it will make you get better faster.
Rimazii

szkiller wrote:

RRBRBRRBRBBBRRBRB

Is this normal for new taiko players?

^For higher ranked players yes
but for a beginner...no...but if it's not a stream...yes

Just keep on playing kantan / futsuu diffs and eventually you'll get better...don't play convert because they have weird pattern which is not beginner friendly in my opinion.
Das
best tip i can give you is that taiko is mainly muscle memory. you will gradually learn more patterns as you play more but until you get the basic 1-5 note long patterns down. after that you kind of start putting different patterns together like for me when i see the pattern kkkdddk (bbbrrrb) i read it as a kkkd ddk and thats how i remember how to hit it. just be patient and focus on learning the basic patterns first then figure out what works for you when it comes to learning the longer patterns ^^