forum

Bad at this game but wants to talk in forums

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PatheticPerson
I can't play osu, but I just decided to join out of a whim after seeing osu! videos for around a decade, and finally deciding to see what this game was. I'm just stuck at 2 stars, because I suck at any kind of rhythm game, but I'm getting there, so I've started getting into the game... but I'm betting I won't move up to 3 until a year after today. I haven't been on a forum in so long, so it's kind of refreshing.
[MTF] Wolfette

PatheticPerson wrote:

I'm just stuck at 2 stars, because I suck at any kind of rhythm game.
osu! is an aim game, not a rhythm game. I was passing 6 star maps after 4 months of playing.

And stars aren't really a measure of skill. I've gotten 10 star passes before yet I haven't been able to FC a 5 star map. Star rating is pretty arbitrary, the only thing it's good for is measuring how spaced jumps are
Topic Starter
PatheticPerson
Hmm, that brings some kind of hope... but I'll just see how things go, because I don't think I'll be playing osu! often. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply though, I made a bad introduction.
Brainage

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

PatheticPerson wrote:

I'm just stuck at 2 stars, because I suck at any kind of rhythm game.

osu! is an aim game, not a rhythm game. I was passing 6 star maps after 4 months of playing.

And stars aren't really a measure of skill. I've gotten 10 star passes before yet I haven't been able to FC a 5 star map. Star rating is pretty arbitrary, the only thing it's good for is measuring how spaced jumps are

Same here, I passed my first 6 star around late march and starting to pass more and more of them
CactusCalin
You're not alone my friend! :D I have like 50h of play and I'm still fucking bad at this game! :D

Just enjoy the game and have fun. It's not a big deal to be a master at osu! :p