posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chima68
I have accidentally activated compatibility mode on my mac

I have already tried searching up solutions but none of them have helped me
Death
What solutions have you tried?

Right click on the osu! app icon and "Show package contents", open the drive_c folder then the osu! folder and you should see the osu!.pcname.cfg file. Open that file in any text editor, set the line CompatibilityContext to 0, and save.
Topic Starter
Chima68

Death wrote:

What solutions have you tried?

Right click on the osu! app icon and "Show package contents", open the drive_c folder then the osu! folder and you should see the osu!.pcname.cfg file. Open that file in any text editor, set the line CompatibilityContext to 0, and save.

To answer your first question, I have looked at: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/545193
This didn't work though :(

When I opened the drive_c folder and went to the osu! folder there was no so!.pcname.cfg file. There is Osu!.(My Name).cfg file and an osu!.cfg file. I tried opening them, but I need another app to do so.
Death
"osu!.(MyName).cfg" is "osu!.pcname.cfg". The name of your computer is probably just your name. You can edit this file in TextEdit, if I'm not mistaken this comes already installed on mac.
theomorous
hi im looking for a similar folder on mac also is there an other name for the "osu(yourname).cfg" i really need this the game softener broke my game
Death

theomorous wrote:

hi im looking for a similar folder on mac also is there an other name for the "osu(yourname).cfg" i really need this the game softener broke my game
No, there is no other name for the folder. Just replace the "yourname" part with the name of the user account you are signed into on your computer. If you have ever run the game successfully in the past, it should exist.
Ghost_san
i followed all the steps but got stuck which app i should use.
after a bit i found a way that you could do this without downloading anything

1.Right click OSU! and click show package contents
2.Open drive_c
3.Open the file with the name osu!
4.Look for the file that says osu!.(name).cfg
5.Right click it and hover over open with
6.Click on TextEdit
7.Look for CompatibilityContext with is under the large amount of jumbled letters
8.Set that to 0
9.Save changes then open osu!

all these steps should work.

all the edits were correcting grammar and spelling