forum

[resolved] I lost PP after a play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Momotatsu
Problem Details:
I played Sweet Weekend (Sweet Neko) HDHR with a slider break and a acc of 99.49% and got 292PP for it. However today when i went and fc'ed the song with a acc of 98.81% , i was moved down from 4821PP to 4806PP and my 292PP play was removed being replaced by the 277PP play i did. I didn't come across this before and i was wondering if it's just the PP system because i did a similar thing where i HDHR fc'ed Zen Zen Zense (Mitsuha) with a acc of 96.84% getting 228PP for it, however it didn't override my HD fc score of 234PP with a 99.71% acc. :?: :?: :?:

I don't know how to upload screenshots of the play.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180416.4 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
This is intended. You can overwrite a score with one worth less pp with the same mod combinations.

Different mod combinations will not overwrite.
Vespuur
I've had this happened to me before and I tried to figure out the problem myself. Here's what I think that happened. You probably know that only your top play gets submitted. Osu prioritizes Score rather than PP. So the play with the highest score is the one that gets submitted. So lets say you get a 0 miss 2 slider break play with 99 Acc (you get the sliders break every time you get a mid combo) on a map and have a score of 50 Million. Then you get a score with a couple misses at the beginning or something so you get less PP, but from that point on you dont break combo once so you get 1 Huge combo that was basically an FC, And you get a score of 70 million. Osu will prioritize that score other than the one with the more pp because it had a higher score. Hence it takes over that scores PP and as it is worth less, you lose PP. I hope this helped and if you have any extra questions dont be afraid to ask :]
Death
Did you read the post directly above yours?

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

This is intended. You can overwrite a score with one worth less pp with the same mod combinations.

Vespuur

Death wrote:

Did you read the post directly above yours?

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Im finna e l a b o r a t e you know?