forum

Display Loved PP on profile

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I think it would be an interesting addition, as it would encourage people to play loved maps more and provide a different perspective on player skill.

Obviously it would be separate from ranked pp though, it would be broken if it wasn't
Zozimoto
1. Good Idea, but
2. It would require extreme amounts of work
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Zozimoto wrote:

1. Good Idea, but
2. It would require extreme amounts of work
Nah, peppy would just need to create a system like ranked score, but for loved pp. It wouldn't be too hard to create
Stefan
I don't know how much is it worth to show hypothetical pp for a mode that is exclusively made not to involve pp at all. Anyway, there are applications outside that can tell you as well if you google for one minute.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Stefan wrote:

I don't know how much is it worth to show hypothetical pp for a mode that is exclusively made not to involve pp at all. Anyway, there are applications outside that can tell you as well if you google for one minute.

They can calculate pp for one map at a time, but the weighted pp algorithm isn’t there
Caput Mortuum
Hey are you pushing this to rank?
Nah, loved is good, they now give pp anyways.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Eraser wrote:

Hey are you pushing this to rank?
Nah, loved is good, they now give pp anyways.

Except loved pp doesn’t affect your rankings, it’s just there to provide a different perspective on player skill as I said before
abraker
If this request does go through, I'll make sure to record myself laughing insane like Light from Deathnote and post on here.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

If this request does go through, I'll make sure to record myself laughing insane like Light from Deathnote and post on here.

Nice
[-Akira-]
good idea
i like it
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

- Kiiyo - wrote:

good idea
i like it

Thx
realy0_
how about loved maps that can potentially abuse that pp system like maybe there is a map that gives you 2230 pp when you complete it but the actual difficulty is a 3*
Pozy
Tbh i disagree with this, it just doesnt bring anything really new or useful value to the game. Plus the reason why maps get loved is cause they arent rankable which means that this systen could easily be abused. Also, why really have lovedd pp at all, what would it do??
-Makishima S-
1. Requires separated ranking-like database = another server = more $$$ to spend
2. Requires rebuilding score calculation layer so it doesn't affect global ranking = more time wasted

No, there are priorities like osu!lazer. You can create ranking for loved yourself as fan-made project. "I don't know how to code" is not an excuse, it is great opportunity to learn it and realize how much time you need to spend on such small thing. API is available for everyone and it gives access to scores made in loved maps. Idea is not worth spending additional money which can be spent on more important issues like fixing performance point broken algorithms, new client, fixing bugs, making osu! a better place.