forum

Verdant [std]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nutorious

This is a minimalist skin with a unique twist on the menu sounds and a very green theme (hence the name verdant, duh).

I just randomly decided that I needed to make a skin customized to what I like visually as well as a skin that fits what I like for general performance.
This skin is a mix of all those things. It is a skin I made for my preferences. (If you can't tell I like the color green as well).

If you would like to see how much of an improvement in quality this skin has over my old one, here is the link to the old MSPaint skin I made last year ( p/5853170/ ).
It sure has been a while since that masterpiece. I didn't bust this skin out in 2 sittings like that one though, I spent much more time on this one. I hope you think Verdant has turned out better, because I sure do think that it did.

I hope u liek it c:

[Made in paint.net]

Screenshots Below

Changes
Version 2: Changed some minor sounds (applause [more in extras], some menu sounds, failsound, section fail sound).
Cleaned up ugly cursor and back button because their edges were noticeably bad.
Thank you to users FroxXyyy and Vaeporeons for pointing these out because I didn't notice/forgot about fixing them on upload.

Notes: I screenshotted at lower res so the green bar doesn't actually cover the osu! logo in song selection.
save2468
15/10 clean skin without any distractions.
Nuclearpho
Skin is very racist . Reminds me of vegetables which gives me even more motivation to hit dem circles. 10/10 would use again
Vaeporeons
its gud but the only things thats a bit distracting to me:
i play with larger cursor and looking at the jagged edges makes me want to kms
the hit circles are a lil too dark for my liking
also combo break/10 i kms

8/10 ok skin xd
Frogsi
You could have made the numbers a little bit smaller. Or just less streched.
The ranking screen seems unfinished. Small hit0,50,100,30. Mashed "%" and "x"
Edges are the worst. You could make them smoother by adding an 1-2 pixel fade out.
I dont like the mod icons colors they do not fit with the theme at all espacially the color choice.
The song selection screen seems rather confusing because the menu buttons only appear while hovering over them.

I can see that you tried to do something "aesthetically pleasing" but in my opinion there is more stuff to do to be recognized as such.
And yes I know it should be minimalistic but "minimalistic" doesnt mean that something should turn out unfinished.
Topic Starter
Nutorious
i forgot to mention i made this in paint.net
killdude2018
Lmao paint.net
Kanobuns
nice skin-ejoying the shades of green. :D